We live in Key West and were excited about the new owner making this into the type of place we always thought it could be. We offered to check it out for some friends who wanted to come to Key West. The room we saw was very nice and the rate we were quoted was very good. We assumed it was because they were just trying to improve the old reputation after the renovations. Based upon our recommendation, our friends booked a room there for 10 days. They had a written comfirmed reservation, yet when they arrived they were told that the person who quoted that price was no longer employed there and the price was now more than double. Because they were already there and it was their first vacation in 10 years, they agreed. When they told us, we were mortified. We felt so bad that they were taken advantage of in this manner. While they say they had a good time, this type of price gouging is inexcusable. They had a confirmed reservation for an "ocean" front room and ended up with a parking lot view for over twice the price. I will never recommend this place again. For the price they now charge you could be in old town which is what Key West is all about. Why stay out in new town amid the chain stores for the same price? You might as well stay on the mainland. I am very sorry to leave a negative review. We had so hoped the new owner could make this place work. Unfortunately, both the motel and restaurant fall far short in both value and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Bay is exactly what you dream of when you imagine Key West. It's a friendly, quirky resort with design and colors inspired by 1950s Havana. The landscaped white sand beach leads right up to the beachfront guest rooms, and guests can jump right into the beautiful bay for swimming, snorkeling and take jet skis, kayaks or paddle boards right from our dock! The staff are all Key West locals who love the island and want our guests to enjoy their stay. We have exclusive attractions like our poolside Dive-In Movies every Wednesday night on a 20ft screen by the pool, plus Nightboarding nightime LED-lit paddleboarding and kayaking! Wildlife abounds on our grounds including huge tortoises, lots of large colorful parrots, local iguanas (don't touch!) and our namesake, the very pretty ibis birds. In the mood for some fun? Ask our Fun Desk concierge about our jet ski, scooter and electric car rentals on site plus paddle board, kayaks and kiteboard rentals on the beach. They can also recommend off-site activities, restaurants, tours and local attractions. We have 80 hammocks for lazing about, and an amazing restaurant called The Stoned Crab that has two of its very own fishing boats delivering fresh crab, shrimp, lobster and fish every day! What are you waiting for? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel Key West
- Blue Lagoon Hotel
- Ibis Bay Beach Resort Key West, Florida