1,309 results
All reviewsstone crabstoned crab restaurantbeachfront roomshuttle busevery hourjet skion site restaurantduval streetnice poollounge chairsrooms are smallold townbeach towelslaid backdowntown key westprivate beachtortoises
Reviewed 30 April 2012

It is amazing how divided the reviews on this hotel are. It is an older 2 star motel with small bathroom no fridge and minimal furniture. We were lucky to have a bay view room and that made all the difference for us. I liked this place. The staff was friendly even though the maid missed our room the first night. The pool is awesome with great music and the bar has a happy hour from 3-7, considering the high prices in Key West this is a good value option.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TexasTick
ChrisHolland_Ibis, Manager at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

TexasTick,

We are in the middle of a little rejuvenating and actually just put mini fridges in all of the rooms. Hopefully you enjoyed a peaceful nap in one of the hammocks overlooking the bay. I’ve patted the staff on the back for their great job and friendliness and am on my way to enjoy the happy hour myself! Cheers.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

My family and I booked a two night pre-paid non-refundable stay here through bookit.com. It was so bad we forfeited the second night and went elsewhere. The room was depressingly barren, without the table or chair pictured in the website, instead it was just two smallish full beds, and two lawn chairs. The comforters were not clean, there was clearly stains on top as well as dirt on the bedskirts. The phone did not work (and was not fixed during our stay), the TV had problems (although the staff did eventually fix that) and the bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on, probably because it was just a cheap mattress and box spring on top a homemade-like unfinished wood crate. Our room was not cleaned until after 4 pm. The “complimentary wi-fi” only worked in the pool and bar areas, but the bookit.com website does not specify that. But the worst part was the attitude of the staff – that this is the “Key West” lifestyle. We were made to feel that complaining was not being laid back, and we should just accept these things because this is Key West. I don’t think it is being uptight to expect clean linens, a reasonably comfortable bed and working electronics, whether in Key West or not. After the manager Claudia told my family that we had a “bad attitude” we decided we had enough of this place and left. In addition, we booked a jet ski tour with Hydrothunder, the jet ski company located on the Ibis property. While they aren’t directly affiliated, they do have a contract with the Ibis, and obviously get all their business because of the location. Alex, the employee who had us sign the liability paperwork to use the jet skis, was extremely rude and disrespectful. I was nervous about the jet skis from the start. He started by saying that anything that went wrong was all our fault, and that if we went too slow we would slow down the whole group, and that we might not get to see the whole island, as it was only a 90 minute tour, essentially shaming me into thinking I needed to keep up, even if I was nervous. He also stated that there would be an explanation of the jet skis, but we had to sign that we agreed to everything first, and that there would be no training. Once I read that I could seriously injure myself or others if I didn’t know what I was doing, and this guy made me think they wouldn’t help me figure out what to do, I canceled this tour. No one needs someone who is nervous about operating a jet ski on their tour, and Alex made it clear that he and his staff was not going to help me get over my nerves, or teach me how to use a jet ski. On a positive note, Jackie and William at the Fun Desk were very nice and helpful, and the décor and turtles were cheery and bright, the food, drinks, bartenders and waitresses at the restaurant were good, but they could not overcome the sub-par conditions and rude staff that we encountered. I would not recommend this “resort” to anyone. Unless I really hated them.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank Jenny S
ChrisHolland_Ibis, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Thank you for bringing your issues to my attention. Ibis Bay is being improved every day. I have addressed all the issues raised here with the staff. I think you will find Ibis Bay very much improved since you were here. Thank you for your help.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Booked a "courtyard view" room. Got a room with no view. Outside the sliding door is
a privacy wood fence, and behind the privacy wood fence is a parking. There was dirt outside the sliding door, and there were no chairs, therefore, no "patio" to relax. The room had only one chair, no table. After requesting another chair and a table, we got a low coffee table. The sliding door was only lockable with a bar.
The office was not willing to work with us. They said they were booked out. However, there
was a vacancy sign outside. The office explained that the vacancy sign was not working.

The room was very close to the swimming pool and restaurant. Loud, loud music blarring!!

I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms with ocean view may be acceptable. They have a concrete patio, with chairs!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank H Y
Reviewed 24 April 2012

the room was very "Florida", view was spectacular, neat and clean. Staff was great. Resort was a very short drive from Duval St and I personally would not have wanted to stay down there, way too busy.
Food in restaurant was good and wait staff excellent.
Don't listen to all of the negative reviews. If you are looking for a Marriot this is not it. I wanted hotel with an "islandly" feel and that is what it is.

Room Tip: the rooms on the water side have more privacy, but looking into the others I saw no difference.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank sunspotbaby15
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed here for a few nights and had some room/service problems. Management was great in getting things solved and making sure our stay was a good one.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple