The place is grose and filthy!!!! It didn't start well from the very beginning. At check in the front desk agent double charged us and it took almost two months later to get our money back. On the second day, they had some fighting competition and there were crowds of drunk people walking on the property, yelling. So we decided to leave for downtown to get rid of that constant annoying noise. When we returned the at about midnight there were still drunk people walking around though not as many. After we locked in our room, obviously some kind of party started right next to our room. They were talking very loudly and suddenly started screaming and apparently fighting. Then I heard somebody saying No, no and a kind of sigh. My husband and I were so terrified. Then we saw police cars standing there and my husband walked out of the room to talk to an officer because he is a retired detective. The police said there was a man STABBED by another guy who had escaped!!!! The whole place was fenced by police and they were searching for the man everywhere. There was a big puddle of blood 20 feet from our room! We decided to check out in the morning. One of the staff said that there had been a fight between the MAINTENANCES of the hotel and one of them KILLED the other! We moved to a different hotel and tried to enjoy the rest of our vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Bay is exactly what you dream of when you imagine Key West. It's a friendly, quirky resort with design and colors inspired by 1950s Havana. The landscaped white sand beach leads right up to the beachfront guest rooms, and guests can jump right into the beautiful bay for swimming, snorkeling and take jet skis, kayaks or paddle boards right from our dock! The staff are all Key West locals who love the island and want our guests to enjoy their stay. We have exclusive attractions like our poolside Dive-In Movies every Wednesday night on a 20ft screen by the pool, plus Nightboarding nightime LED-lit paddleboarding and kayaking! Wildlife abounds on our grounds including huge tortoises, lots of large colorful parrots, local iguanas (don't touch!) and our namesake, the very pretty ibis birds. In the mood for some fun? Ask our Fun Desk concierge about our jet ski, scooter and electric car rentals on site plus paddle board, kayaks and kiteboard rentals on the beach. They can also recommend off-site activities, restaurants, tours and local attractions. We have 80 hammocks for lazing about, and an amazing restaurant called The Stoned Crab that has two of its very own fishing boats delivering fresh crab, shrimp, lobster and fish every day! What are you waiting for? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Ibis Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel Key West
- Blue Lagoon Hotel
- Ibis Bay Beach Resort Key West, Florida