We've been in Key West several times and in the past we used to stay in B&Bs in old town in close distance from Duval St. But this year we decided to stay in a waterfront hotel and found Ibis Bay. What a unique place it is! We had an amazing time and the resort had everything what we're looking for. We loved the old school Cuban style architecture, french door overlooking the beach and the hammock right in front of it. But what makes this place amazing was their friendly staff, positive vibe and a superb choice of watersports located right on the resort. And as a seafood lovers we had to check their restaurant - the Stoned Crab restaurant was awesome and fresh stone crabs delicious!!!! Glass bottom kayaks were just soooo much fun and if we could we would spent all days just looking at the fish, crabs, jelly fish and many more right in the bay. They have a bird sanctuary mangrove island 3 min paddle from the launch dock! Amazing experience and very friendly, professional watersports crew. We both wanted to go try paddleboards but it was a little too windy. We will for sure next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Bay is exactly what you dream of when you imagine Key West. It's a friendly, quirky resort with design and colors inspired by 1950s Havana. The landscaped white sand beach leads right up to the beachfront guest rooms, and guests can jump right into the beautiful bay for swimming, snorkeling and take jet skis, kayaks or paddle boards right from our dock! The staff are all Key West locals who love the island and want our guests to enjoy their stay. We have exclusive attractions like our poolside Dive-In Movies every Wednesday night on a 20ft screen by the pool, plus Nightboarding nightime LED-lit paddleboarding and kayaking! Wildlife abounds on our grounds including huge tortoises, lots of large colorful parrots, local iguanas (don't touch!) and our namesake, the very pretty ibis birds. In the mood for some fun? Ask our Fun Desk concierge about our jet ski, scooter and electric car rentals on site plus paddle board, kayaks and kiteboard rentals on the beach. They can also recommend off-site activities, restaurants, tours and local attractions. We have 80 hammocks for lazing about, and an amazing restaurant called The Stoned Crab that has two of its very own fishing boats delivering fresh crab, shrimp, lobster and fish every day! What are you waiting for? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel Key West
- Blue Lagoon Hotel
- Ibis Bay Beach Resort Key West, Florida