Ibis Bay Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
1,246 results
All reviewsstone crabstoned crab restaurantbeachfront roomshuttle busjet skion site restaurantevery hourduval streetnice poollounge chairsrooms are smallold townbeach towelslaid backdowntown key westmini fridgetortoises
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I start by saying "unclearly" quite simply because I have just discovered so much more about the hotel, from reading these reviews, AFTER we stayed there.
Its a delightful place, great prices too, the rooms are bright, clean and adequate. (Although the bathroom could do with a shelf)
My observations are as such, we saw no mention of the new shuttle bus as described in a previous review, and as my title suggests a lot of information is missing regarding the hotel and its services, I have stayed in literally hundreds of hotels around the world, and always search out the hotels guide, were I can usually find details about the hotel and its services, instead here the only thing in our room was a flip chart promoting their water sports. No room service menu, no hotel info either, not a major issue, but would be useful, talking of room service, $36 for bacon and eggs for 2 is daylight robbery, dinner in the Stoned Crab cost less!!!, Another tip here would be to offer more food options for people who don't eat fish or seafood, as it is there was steak or burger or vegetarian. I accept its a fish restaurant, but it is your guests ONLY restaurant.
Overall we loved it, and will be back, we hope our review nudges the owners to step up a little more, but encourages them to keep up the good work.
Don't be put off by negative reviews for here, it is what it is for the money, great, Just needs a little more effort to make it superb.

Room Tip: We had an "Oceanside", and would recommend these
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank PHIVA2013
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Well, your comments have nudged me. We are now making up an in-room folder that will point out all the services and facilities of the hotel including the new downtown shuttle. I look forward to seeing you next time around. Thank you for your suggestions and for choosing to stay at Ibis Bay.

Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

The room is a size of a match box, the shower is the size of a child's closest door... the sink was stopped up the ac felt like the heater no wash rags we couldn't bath the first night. .. then when we spoke to the owner he said no refund we got your money you can leave, my husband was pissed the staff was rude that was the only thing bad for our three day weekend. ..I Shouldve listen to the reviews about this place. ..

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Sarah H
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Starting by saying his family members were senior executives at Tripadvisor, this guest threatened to write us a bad review on Tripadvisor, if we did not give him a big discount off his room. So the situations was passed to me. Why a discount? Because there were just two faceclothes in his room's towel set when he arrived. Their Value Room (and everyone elses) comes with a special make-up removing facecloth, two regular faceclothes, two hand towels, two large towels, a bathmat and two extra large pool towels. We would have gladly given him extra faceclothes but it was after midnight when he called the Front Desk and housekeeping was closed. The next morning I did not agree to give him a discount. I DID tell him that we would refund his money for the remaining days of his stay, but no discount for the night he stayed. He decided to stay. Why? Because our Value Rooms are one of Key West's great bargains. Its a pity to see this happen, but as his review says they enjoyed the rest of their stay with us. I am glad to hear that.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We recently had a five night stay at this unique "Boutique Hotel" that has a fabulous funky 50's vibe in the decor of the rooms and the resort. There is a great restaurant on site called the Stoned Crab with an open air quality that enhanced the dinning experience. We especially enjoyed our 5 Breakfasts there and the great service by our waitress, Connie. We also liked visiting the other "guests" at the resort.... two tortoises, exotic birds including Lex who greeted us at the front door to the lobby, Iguanas, and of course the Ibis who frequented our porch off our beachfront room ! Have to say thanks to Chris at the Fun Desk who gave us many helpful tips and I will be forever grateful for the beautiful sunset sail we took, that Chris booked. We parked our car when we arrived, conveniently, in front of our room and never used it till we departed. The cabs are about $10.00 into town and then we just walked everywhere. We found this to be the best no hassle way to go, so worth it. So if you want Fun in the Sun at a resort with an onsite restaurant, a pool, a movie night, a great gift shop and lots of wildlife all for a reasonable rate then... Ibis Bay is your best bet !

Room Tip: We preferred our beachfront room with its little porch. I think it is a matter of personal preference in room choice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle W

Sounds like you really enjoyed your time with us. We are all in love with our animals. Also, we are now just starting a free shuttle bus service to and from downtown between 7am and 10pm. So you guys save on cab fares or choosing a designated driver. Thank you for such a good review. Come back!!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

First i think we should start with the whole water front thing, they do indeed have rooms on the water, but its not what you think, the water smells bad, there's a couple feet of sand between your room and the rocks that go down into the water, the hotel looks old and kind of beaten up, the rooms aren't bad, and for the price its not a terrible hotel. Also, if you do end up visiting the hotel make sure to visit the large tortoises that they have, they're pretty cool!

Room Tip: If you do end up getting a room get one of the ones on the water!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Like every tidal beach in Florida, the tides, weather temprature and seaweed season can sometimes create a bit of a stink, but not often and not very strong. Unfortunately you were here when it happened. We are proud of being a Florida Fifties hotel. They are rare these days and that makes them fun. A step back in time. I hope we see you come back soon. The tortoises said to say, "Hi!".

Reviewed 4 December 2013

A bird screamed like clockwork at 7 am both mornings for a half hour until
someone fed it. No ice machines must walk over to local restaraunt.
Grounds people talking loudly early in the mornings. Decent price compared to
others but don't plan on sleeping in!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dan E
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

I am glad you enjoyed it here for the most part. Macaws can be loud when they want something. I am sorry they woke you. Our ice machines are centrally located in our resort restaurant in the middle of the resort. Unfortunately we had to relocate them there and lock them up because fishermen were emptying our machines of ice for their coolers. There was never any left for our guests. Not a perfect solution but better than no ice. Thank you for letting me know about the maintenance team talking loudly in the morning. I will correct that. I hope we see you back here soon.