We went to Ibis Bay Resort in the keys looking for a great time only to be very disappointed in our stay.
Initially we were quoted one price but the little additions not mentioned in their advertisement took us back a bit. They required us to pay $5 a day person for parking, shuttle, and internet weather used or not. The internet was unreliable and the front desk person seemed to lack the knowledge and desire to provide any reasonable customer service. . On the third evening my wife and gentleman of the second couple both became ill after having the same food for dinner. We approached the manager in the morning to voice our concerns so nobody else would become ill. She apologized and offered a free dinner. Upon our return that evening she renegaded her offer of compensation for the apparent food poisoning suffered the night before. The air conditioners were loud making it difficult to sleep. There were no coffee makers in the room or front desk. We were advised that the only coffee available would be at breakfast. Our stay here was not pleasant and I would not recommend this "resort".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Bay is exactly what you dream of when you imagine Key West. It's a friendly, quirky resort with design and colors inspired by 1950s Havana. The landscaped white sand beach leads right up to the beachfront guest rooms, and guests can jump right into the beautiful bay for swimming, snorkeling and take jet skis, kayaks or paddle boards right from our dock! The staff are all Key West locals who love the island and want our guests to enjoy their stay. We have exclusive attractions like our poolside Dive-In Movies every Wednesday night on a 20ft screen by the pool, plus Nightboarding nightime LED-lit paddleboarding and kayaking! Wildlife abounds on our grounds including huge tortoises, lots of large colorful parrots, local iguanas (don't touch!) and our namesake, the very pretty ibis birds. In the mood for some fun? Ask our Fun Desk concierge about our jet ski, scooter and electric car rentals on site plus paddle board, kayaks and kiteboard rentals on the beach. They can also recommend off-site activities, restaurants, tours and local attractions. We have 80 hammocks for lazing about, and an amazing restaurant called The Stoned Crab that has two of its very own fishing boats delivering fresh crab, shrimp, lobster and fish every day! What are you waiting for? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel Key West
- Blue Lagoon Hotel
- Ibis Bay Beach Resort Key West, Florida