We all reserve rooms on-line and hope for better than this resort. This was just not what we were hoping for and the room was below our standards. The room was very small. The bathroom was very, very small. There was about 2" between the toilet and the vanity (I've attached picture). You wonder who's bare butt rubbed against the vanity last. There was mold on the bathroom ceiling. I am 5'11" and 220 lbs. I don't think anyone bigger would of fit in the shower. I guess we expected more than 2 lawn chairs for furniture. They charge a resort fee which covers parking and their shuttle. First, I drive all the way to their resort and they charge me to park my car. Second, the shuttle did run on time. But the bus only has 8 bucket seats, we had 17 people on the shuttle returning and 15 on the way to downtown. There are no bars to hold onto if you are standing. I would question if this is even legal, it sure was not safe and seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen. We had no problems with the staff and all our meals at the restaurant we very good, just the room itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Bay is exactly what you dream of when you imagine Key West. It's a friendly, quirky resort with design and colors inspired by 1950s Havana. The landscaped white sand beach leads right up to the beachfront guest rooms, and guests can jump right into the beautiful bay for swimming, snorkeling and take jet skis, kayaks or paddle boards right from our dock! The staff are all Key West locals who love the island and want our guests to enjoy their stay. We have exclusive attractions like our poolside Dive-In Movies every Wednesday night on a 20ft screen by the pool, plus Nightboarding nightime LED-lit paddleboarding and kayaking! Wildlife abounds on our grounds including huge tortoises, lots of large colorful parrots, local iguanas (don't touch!) and our namesake, the very pretty ibis birds. In the mood for some fun? Ask our Fun Desk concierge about our jet ski, scooter and electric car rentals on site plus paddle board, kayaks and kiteboard rentals on the beach. They can also recommend off-site activities, restaurants, tours and local attractions. We have 80 hammocks for lazing about, and an amazing restaurant called The Stoned Crab that has two of its very own fishing boats delivering fresh crab, shrimp, lobster and fish every day! What are you waiting for? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel Key West
- Blue Lagoon Hotel
- Ibis Bay Beach Resort Key West, Florida