We didn't know what to expect when booking as it seemed to be the most affordable place in Key West. We were pleasantly surprised. We loved the décor and the piped in music. The rooms are small but attention to detail such as crown molding, the murals, the gecko painted on the ceiling were really neat. Besides how much time is spent in your room? Our toilet tank was leaking a little into the bowl. After reporting it maintenance was at our door within five minutes to replace the tank. The bus to downtown ran on schedule and is a must for a hotel so far from downtown. One suggestion there is for your driver to have a tip jar. Staff was all friendly. The on site restaurant was good. There is another good restaurant across the street in the Kenney plaza, I believe it is the Kennedy Diner. More affordable and quite an extensive menu. Food and service both good.
The bad: Our bed squeaked anytime you moved. It should be replaced. Rubbish Pickup: The dumpsters should be relocated or at the very least have the pick up time rescheduled. Having to listen to a truck jockey for position to get at the dumpsters and then shake the dumpsters into the truck at 7:00 AM just outside your room was unacceptable.
Overall it was a great time and we were sorry we had to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Bay is exactly what you dream of when you imagine Key West. It's a friendly, quirky resort with design and colors inspired by 1950s Havana. The landscaped white sand beach leads right up to the beachfront guest rooms, and guests can jump right into the beautiful bay for swimming, snorkeling and take jet skis, kayaks or paddle boards right from our dock! The staff are all Key West locals who love the island and want our guests to enjoy their stay. We have exclusive attractions like our poolside Dive-In Movies every Wednesday night on a 20ft screen by the pool, plus Nightboarding nightime LED-lit paddleboarding and kayaking! Wildlife abounds on our grounds including huge tortoises, lots of large colorful parrots, local iguanas (don't touch!) and our namesake, the very pretty ibis birds. In the mood for some fun? Ask our Fun Desk concierge about our jet ski, scooter and electric car rentals on site plus paddle board, kayaks and kiteboard rentals on the beach. They can also recommend off-site activities, restaurants, tours and local attractions. We have 80 hammocks for lazing about, and an amazing restaurant called The Stoned Crab that has two of its very own fishing boats delivering fresh crab, shrimp, lobster and fish every day! What are you waiting for? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Ibis Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel Key West
- Blue Lagoon Hotel
- Ibis Bay Beach Resort Key West, Florida