“Good value”

Ibis Bay Beach Resort
Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Cute rooms, very clean, loved the movie night by the pool. Stoned crab was great food! Free bus to downtown, very convenient. Staff was very nice. I would recommend to others. Real feel of seaside, low key place. Hammocks in front of rooms are cute idea.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen H
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

I am glad your family had a great time. Thank you for recommending us.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,226)

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I vouch that I am not connected with this place or the employees, but when I came here, I had a wonderful stay ! In defense of these folks here, let me give you some advice: Do your research. If you are fragile or want a hotel that looks like you're in Chicago, go someplace else. If you are open minded and want an experience, come here! I loved the tortoises and the exotic birds, the waiter Peter was very pleasant and spent time with us explaining all about the stone crab and how to eat it, and we NEVER had an unpleasant experience with any employee here. The rates were reasonable the beds were soft but comfortable, rooms were clean. You can encounter horrible problems in a 5 star hotel just like you would anywhere else. My sister and I came here and my sister was using a walker and fell down on her side. Out of nowhere, 2 amazing tan Aussie guys came over and helped her up! I don't know if they were employees or patrons but it made our day. I will be staying here again because it is far enough out of the busy loud downtown area so that my bike ride to Mallory Square helps burn a few calories and I can be close to supermarket,gas station, Stock Island, etc. People do not get into the hospitality business and last very long if they aren't polite. Treat others with respect, don't demand and use your please and thank yous and you probably won't have a problem dealing with any of the employees here. Save that diva, big mouthed , demanding attitude for the mainland

Room Tip: Loved the waterfront room we had
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mrsjennyz

I think you should work here too. You are exactly right though. If you want a unique and fun Key West experience book here. If you want a hotel that feels like you are in any city in the USA look elsewhere.The last line in your review is hysterical! LOL!

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Not a great hotel, but a damn good one. No problems -- no bugs, AC worked, decent shower, decent size, etc. Exactly what I expected for the price. Surprised by some of the negative reviews here -- what did they think they were getting for the room rates? If you are trying to do Key West on a reasonable budget, this place gets the job done. Only warning -- the restaurant associated with it (the Stoned Crab) SUCKS big time, don't eat there.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Adam N

Thanks for staying with us and writing your review. We are locally-owned and our focus is on giving our guests a great Key West experience the moment they walk into our lobby. Our "greeter" is Lexie the talking Macaw. She loves saying "hi" and "goodbye" to all our guests. Bright and tropical room designs and a 4 star restaurant that just received a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence. And a great staff who are happy to help you anytime.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I live in Miami and decided to take my husband and my newborn baby and 2 friends to the keys for our anniversary. I got there that night and it had resulted the the hotel decided to cancel my reservation. Keep in mind this is a very long drive, 4 HOURS to be exact. They canceled my reservation because they said the amount of people the room was booked for was not possible. I asked them to book me two rooms since they decided to cancel my reservation without telling me and they said, in a very rude manner, that the rooms had been all booked and that was that. I had to drive ALL the way back to Miami with my newborn crying in the back seat. And the worst part is that they didn't even offer to book another room at a different hotel for me. I will NEVER, EVER stay at this hotel and neither should you. They don't care about their guests, which they so clearly demonstrated with their lack of help after THEY made a mistake by canceling my reservation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank girasolita
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Key West Fire Safety regulations will not allow the room you chose to be occupied by 5 people. We comply with the law. We want our guests to be safe. Our room occupancy s clearly stated on our website. Ibis Bay was 100% booked at that time. If we had a larger room or two rooms available we would have gladly given them to you. We did not have any choice in the matter. I do understand how disappointing it was.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The people are friendly, Located waterfront in Key west so the location is great,they rent jet skis right at the property, and the lifes to short bus shuttle to Duval street is fun ,The driver will sing flash party lights on and off in the bus,The rooms maybe small but they are clean and the whole resort has a caribbean feel to it.The activities desk will keep youminformed of everything happening in the area..Felt very safe.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cruise trip

Key West is a great Caribbean destination that is still inside the USA. Thank you for choosing Ibis Bay and supporting us. I am glad my staff made you feel so welcome.

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Pool is awesome but music is horrible. CHANGE. PLEASE. Drinks are price way too high. R U kidding. No more discount for military. Food is good price is high Bartender R very good. Since a local. Would go back

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Pat B
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Thanks for coming by our pool. Our music mix is deliberately eclectic. It is chosen to appeal to all our hotel guests. We get compliments all the time. But, if you are local, there are pool bars downtown that have really cutting edge mixes. Bad news is their drink prices are higher.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

After extensive hunting for a reasonably priced motel/hotel in Key West, I settled on this gem. We did pay $50 upgrade to stay beachside with hammock and sand beach outside the back. The Stoned Crab restaurant was great, we were there to fish and didn't use the pool or rent any toys(mopeds,Kuyaks,bikes, boats to snorkel)but they had it all. Shuttle to downtown sunset cruise boats ran on the hour. Traffic can be stressful so USE IT. Parking can also be a challenge.

Room Tip: We chose beachside room and used patio and hammock, I highly recommend it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Charles V

Our shuttle downtown saves you cab fares, parking costs and means you can have a drink and don't have to worry about driving. Thank you for staying with us. I hope you get a chance to come and see us again. A delightful review.