We chose Ibis Bay based largely on the price and were very pleasantly surprised to find it to be the perfect place for our long weekend away. The rooms, pool, beach area and restaurant were super clean, adorable and the staff were very friendly. The service was truly outstanding. Stop by to say Hi to Viviane at the pool bar - she's great. We paid extra for a "beachfront" room and it was worth every penny. The room has a little deck area for us to enjoy a cocktail, a sandy area with lounge chairs to sunbathe and a wonderful hammock to relax in the shade. As mentioned in other reviews, the beach isn't really a beach but that's true of anywhere on Key West because the entire coast is coral. Ibis Bay definitely isn't "downtown" but that is part of what makes it so perfect. Duval street is fun but it's also a zoo so it's nice to get away from that at times. We got bikes from the resort (we got the adventure package which included bikes for the whole stay) and rode to/from town very easily. There is a bike path from Ibis Bay's front door to Duval street and all of old town. If you don't like to bike, there is a free shuttle bus to bring you back/forth or you can take a cab ride for ~$20. You would have to take a LOT of cabs to make up the difference of price to stay downtown. We had a great dinner at The Stoned Crab as well. They have fresh seafood that gets delivered daily and healthy options which makes me very happy. Breakfast was lovely as well...get a cafe con leche, you won't be disappointed. Lastly, there is a grocery store, drug store, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, liquor store, etc right across from the resort and a mini-fridge in the room so you don't have to pay resort prices for every drink and every snack. I'd highly recommend staying at Ibis Bay rather than paying the outrageous places to stay downtown. I can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Bay is exactly what you dream of when you imagine Key West. It's a friendly, quirky resort with design and colors inspired by 1950s Havana. The landscaped white sand beach leads right up to the beachfront guest rooms, and guests can jump right into the beautiful bay for swimming, snorkeling and take jet skis, kayaks or paddle boards right from our dock! The staff are all Key West locals who love the island and want our guests to enjoy their stay. We have exclusive attractions like our poolside Dive-In Movies every Wednesday night on a 20ft screen by the pool, plus Nightboarding nightime LED-lit paddleboarding and kayaking! Wildlife abounds on our grounds including huge tortoises, lots of large colorful parrots, local iguanas (don't touch!) and our namesake, the very pretty ibis birds. In the mood for some fun? Ask our Fun Desk concierge about our jet ski, scooter and electric car rentals on site plus paddle board, kayaks and kiteboard rentals on the beach. They can also recommend off-site activities, restaurants, tours and local attractions. We have 80 hammocks for lazing about, and an amazing restaurant called The Stoned Crab that has two of its very own fishing boats delivering fresh crab, shrimp, lobster and fish every day! What are you waiting for? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel Key West
- Blue Lagoon Hotel
- Ibis Bay Beach Resort Key West, Florida