This hotel, or as they call it, resort, is not beachfront, so it's very deceiving. It is on the water which always had a low tide smell and also on a very main road with lots of noise from constant traffic. We decided to book a suite and basically had an oversized corner hotel room. The décor was nice and yes it had a mini fridge, however no coffee pot, no alarm clock, no smoke alarms, (even complete dive hotels have those!) The mattress was like a rock and the towels were like sand paper. The bathroom was a good size but there was one towel rack falling off the wall and not even a place to put a bar of soap in the shower. Go next door to Kmart and buy a lousy $10.00 shower caddy!! Place a few hooks on the wall in the bathroom for towels, bathing suits, etc. No attention to detail and for the price there should be! As far as that colorful sarong goes, that's news to us - it was never offered. Be prepared to bring a flashlight when you go out and return after dark as there is no working outside light and when I called maintenance to check it out, I was told that there was some sort of wiring problem in the wall and to put a lamp from the room outside!!! Really???? And that "free" shuttle that takes you downtown is not really free when you have to pay for it in the resort fee. We did not have a car either, but again still had to pay the resort fee. The Stoned Crab restaurant was okay, nothing special. The people at the front desk were all basically friendly. We would not stay here again, you really don't get much for the price you pay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Bay is exactly what you dream of when you imagine Key West. It's a friendly, quirky resort with design and colors inspired by 1950s Havana. The landscaped white sand beach leads right up to the beachfront guest rooms, and guests can jump right into the beautiful bay for swimming, snorkeling and take jet skis, kayaks or paddle boards right from our dock! The staff are all Key West locals who love the island and want our guests to enjoy their stay. We have exclusive attractions like our poolside Dive-In Movies every Wednesday night on a 20ft screen by the pool, plus Nightboarding nightime LED-lit paddleboarding and kayaking! Wildlife abounds on our grounds including huge tortoises, lots of large colorful parrots, local iguanas (don't touch!) and our namesake, the very pretty ibis birds. In the mood for some fun? Ask our Fun Desk concierge about our jet ski, scooter and electric car rentals on site plus paddle board, kayaks and kiteboard rentals on the beach. They can also recommend off-site activities, restaurants, tours and local attractions. We have 80 hammocks for lazing about, and an amazing restaurant called The Stoned Crab that has two of its very own fishing boats delivering fresh crab, shrimp, lobster and fish every day! What are you waiting for? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bay Waterfront Hotel Key West
- Blue Lagoon Hotel
- Ibis Bay Beach Resort Key West, Florida