“Nice small resort” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Wohlen, Switzerland
“Nice small resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

The resort is in a good location on key west. From here you can explore key west. The resort have different types of rooms. The only thing was the wifi. As more far as you are from the reception the signal will be gone. My room was very close to it so no problem. The resort have a own water acces where you can make jet ski tours or paddle tours.......... The pool is okay. They have a own small beach to relax in the sunset. I would definitely book it again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you Hendrik. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and everything you mentioned here. Beause the resort is 5 acres, we provide different wi-fi servers for each building as well as the lobby. You just have to choose the wi-fi server that is in the building you are in or is closest to you at the time. Each wi-fi is identified by the building's number. The password is always the same no matter what building you are in. Our Front Desk needs to get better at explaining that. Thanks for letting me know.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Eckental, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here two nights during our 8 day Florida tour had had the most wonderful time of the year. This place is very friendly and comfortable. The staff was so nice when I had a little nail polish issue on the carpet. Also the restaurant is very recommendable. Enjoy the free shuttle to the center, the swimming pool and bar and the different house animals!

Stayed July 2014
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and complimenting my staff. This is a family owned hotel and I think that makes it very different to a chain hotel. Its more intimate and has a unique personality that can't be replicated ... kind of like Key West itself!
Redford, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stay four night in June for our 10 year Anniversary and had a great time!! We had the beachfront room 111 and it was great! Room was super clean, beds were comfortable, the view was awesome. Loved having the table and chairs right outside our room. Also enjoyed the lounge chairs for catching some sun.

We did eat the Stoned Crab and that was fantastic!! I had great salad with lobster and crab, delicious!! Drinks at the bar at night were great too. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Take advantage of the bus to get into old town, super convenient and very prompt. It was great to not have to worry about driving for 4 days.

The hotel did have some construction still going on in the front but it was not a problem at all and looked like it should be completing soon.

We definitely plan on coming back.

Room Tip: Get the beachfront rooms!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank Stephanie B
Happy 10th Anniversary!! I am proud to say my beautiful wife and I have been married for 44 years and we are still very much in love. I wish you that same happiness. Obviously I am happy when guests love Ibis Bay. It means a lot to my staff. The Stoned Crab restaurant is a wonderful place too. Their local wild caught Florida fish and shellfish is the freshest you will ever get. I hope you got to see our boys bring in their catch and unload it on the restaurant dock in the afternoon. Make sure you tell the staff to alert me next time you come. I want to make sure I get a chance to welcome you back.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Let me start by saying me and my friends had a great time in key west.The ibis was very practical in having the awesome shuttle that takes you downtown and we made good use of it . The pool was great and the staff very friendly ...the only con was that the rooms were too small , there was not a closet but a small rack to hung clothes and the shower was tiny...in my opinion was a little crowded.
The A\c worked fine and I couldn't hear any noise from the construction site.
Overall had a good time and would come back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Maria E
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank for staying with us and thanks for the four star rating. We have a number of different room sizes to fit different budgets. If you choose one of our Value Rooms you save quite a bit. You get to spend the money you saved on activities and entertainment. Upgrading to a Courtyard Room or a Beachfront Room will get you a private garden with a hammock and more space overall. All our rooms sizes and lots of room photos are on our website at ibisbayresort.com. You can even take a vikrtual tour of each room on the site. Thanks again for choosing Ibis Bay.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

My daughter and I upgraded from a value room to a beachfront room. I just read a negative review about room 110. That's where we stayed. Yes, the lighting in the room was dimmer than I preferred and the bathroom was a bit tight, but this hotel had such a key west, rustic feel in such a positive way. If you are uptight, go find another place to stay.
We were there Memorial Day weekend. Our room rate was very reasonable compared to what other hotels were charging. My daughter and I have labeled the Ibis Beach as "our hotel". We plan to return as soon as we can.

When I walked out our back door to our hammock, there was soft music, the sound of the waves, white sand, and beautiful lighting. It took me away from every day life.
We had a fantastic time! Thank you for a memorable experience.

Sandra

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank wdw365
I love hearing that a guest is planning on coming back again. It means we all did our job. Ibis Bay is "old school" authentic Key West. It is a locally-owned, family-run resort. It's sparking clean, fun, bright rooms are pure Key West. You will enjoy talking tropicals birds, giant live tortoises and our restaurant serves the freshest local seafood in Key West. How can I claim that? We own our own fishing boats. The boys deliver their catch ever day right to the dock in front of our restaurant, The Stoned Crab.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in #201. In this group of beach units, they have been remodeled and the water is right outside the door.

Out side has been decorated with hammocks, tasteful white lights at night, a pier with a deck and some lounge chairs to hang out on and the beautiful white sand. Its not a huge area, but its very comfortable and enjoyable. They also have a deck for massages by the water. We scheduled them for tomorrow.

I see other reviews complain of construction. The roadways are under construction right out front and so is this resort, inside and out. I understand why some people would not be so happy. You must stay along the water in the renovated units starting with #201. Once they finish remodeling im sure it will be fine. The rooms are not huge, but they are new, comfortable, clean, bright and a have a beachy feel, decor retro 50'S Beach theme.

They also have bikes, scooters, jet ski's and other activities right on the property. Stoned Crab restaurant serves food all day. Sea food was super fresh and tasty, DINNER prices are expensive. I did learn about stone crabs though, which may explain the price. They are sustainably harvested. They cut 1 claw off and throw the crab back to the water. It regrows it's claw in 1 season. : )

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Our beachfront rooms are our best. Its hard to beat the combination of warm sun, sand, the water and hammocks swaying between palm trees. Thank you for explaining so much, even the short-term construction. It will be over soon and we will be back to normal. Thank goodness its just at one end of the resort. I hope you enjoyed your massage under The Healing Tree. Its a special place.
Melbourne, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Ibis Beach Resort on June 19th. The room had a nice "Key West" feel to it. Loved the seating area outside the room & the hammocks were great!!! Found the lighting a little on the dim side but managed to deal with it.

A big plus was the shuttle to downtown Key West. We really made good use of it & used it a few times.

Would have liked to stay another night but they were full. Would come back for another stay.....

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WaltMLB
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
There is nothing more serene than lying in a garden or beach hammock. We have over 100 hammocks at Ibis Bay. That's mpre than one hammock per room. I dare not sit in any of them. I'd fall asleep in less than 10 minutes! What a wonderful thought. Thanks for choosing Ibis Bay. See you next time!