“Great Experience with Ibis BayResort”

Ibis Bay Beach Resort
Ranked #42 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Orlando, Florida
“Great Experience with Ibis BayResort”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

First time in Key West. Found the Room to be spacious and inviting. Enjoyed the decor, view and location to the downtown area. Had minor problem with the electrical (which we found to be common on the island). The hotel staff attended to the problem immediatly and followed up. Bus service available as well as QUALITY scooter rentals which differs from some of the other rental companies on the island. All services are reasonably priced and the staff goes above and beyond for their guest! Cant say enough good things about the resort staff and service which sets them apart from other resorts. Will definatly use again.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has balcony view and less hotel guest traffic.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rick k
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Our band new Yamaha scooters and jet-skis are top quality. We replace them every year. A lot of local rental companies use Chinese "no brand" motor scooters that are poor quality. I am an older biker. I won't allow that. But no matter what quality the equipment is, the quality of the people serving you is the most important thing. I am glad you appreciated that. I will pass on your compliments. I am VERY happy to read this.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

First time in Key West and we stayed at the IBIS. It is a couple of minutes drive from the main centre but the free hotel bus service connects well - it may need an upgrade on how many passengers the bus can hold as it can get busy.

It was a bit noisy with road-works outside and the air-conditioner inside breaking the silence.

Food good, service lovely, cocktails well mixed and presented. Pool at the end of the day was relaxing with a soothing Caribbean feeling - take time to enjoy.

Would definitely use again.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing away from the main road, preferably a ground room with sea-view and hammock out...
2 Thank killman2
Thanks for choosing to stay with us. You will be happy to hear that the outside road construction project is finally complete. Things have quietened down a lot and the construction dust that we had to fight daily is also gone.
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We were in Key West to dive and to sight see (diving was the priority). Dive Key West (shop) is very conveniently located about 100 yards from the Ibis which make morning dives much easier (although their boat leaves from the KW Harbour Marina on the opposite side of the island). The "Short Bus" uses the Ibis as a stop and every 30 minutes you can hop it for free to go to all the sights around Key West. The Short Bus is a great alternative to dealing with KW parking, traffic etc and is a wonderful feature offered by the Ibis. It greatly simplifies getting around KW. There are all the usual amenities, like a pool, onsite bar and restaurant etc. We really enjoyed the stay here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thanks to our new affiliation with Divers Direct, we are now going to feature their scuba diving certification classes and diving charters at Ibis Bay. You will be able to board your Divers Direct dive boat at our dock. I am a diver too.This will make diving REALLY convenient for learners and experienced divers.
Alabama
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My wife and I chose Ibis Bay Beach Resort from online reviews and photos, and could not have been more pleased with the choice. The room was a bit small, but when you're in Key West, it's only there for sleeping. Our room had it's own back porch with furniture as well as a hammock and a fantastic view of Ibis Bay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We spoke to the owner without knowing who he was and when he found out that we were newlyweds in conversation had a bottle of champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries sent to our room.

Overall had a fantastic experience at Ibis Bay, and highly recommend Danger Charters for snorkeling and kayaking. The front desk at Ibis can book it for you.

Room Tip: Get the rooms bay-side. They have their own little beaches and hammocks.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
I am glad you had a great honeymoon at Ibis Bay. Thank you for choosing us and for your review!
Asker, Norway
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed at room 205 and 206 near the water. To Wake up and see the Key West sunrise is just an amazing experience. You can open the door and walk straight out to the little private Beach With Chairs and tables.. We travelled With kids, so this back side of the hotel is Perfect. It is quiet and very relaxing- The hole resort is beautiful With palm trees, flowers and colours. The pool area was great to use at all times. The staff was allways very helpful, especially the guy who usually worked at evening/night time. Our boys also used the sport activites at the hotel.
Parking was good and it is near everything.
Thankyou for a fantastic vacation, we are coming back next year!

Room Tip: Rooms at the waterside are more quiet and has a very beautiful view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
The early morning and late afternoon are my favorite times at Ibis Bay. I love the coolness of the air and the warm, low light. Your photos are great. Thanks for coming. See you next time!
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Room was small but very clean. The place was quiet. Didn't go the beach...it had a bad odor. pool was awesome. Not a swimmer. Have a pool at home....longest I've stayed in the pool. The pictures on the site looked better. Overall had a great, relaxing time and will definitely come back again. Say hi to Stephanie at Stoned Crab. She was so sweet to my daughter Tiffany.

Room Tip: Don't book near beach. Bad odor from water.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
ChrisHollandKeyWest, Owner at Ibis Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
thanks for your review. I will pass on your "thank you" to Stephanie. At low tide, and at this time of year, there can be seaweed that is stinky until the tide comes in. It's the same problem all over the island. Thank goodness, it just for a while. I grew up on a bay and I remember it from there. High tide is fine and there are great places to snorkel and go paddle boarding and kayaking from our beaches. See you when you come back.
San Jose, California, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! My family & I stayed here on 07/29/2014. we had a very bad experience there. It started out with when I came in to the lobby to check in. There were two women at the desk, one at concierge and one at the main desk. The one at the concierge just looked at me and did not even say hello or greet me. The one at the main desk was on the phone on an obviously personal phone call and ducked in to the corner with her back to me so she would not have to face me and greet me.

After waiting for 10 minutes with neither one of them acknowledging me, I went around the main desk and waived down the woman that was still on her personal phone call. She waived me off, signaling she will be with me when she is done.

At this time, a tall man came in, still did not ask if I had been helped. So I just asked him if he would please check me in. He reluctantly said yes. Took my name and said that I owed a resort fee. He collected the money rudely and gave me the key. After paying the resort fee, I expected immaculate & well taken care of grounds. This was not the case. I had a beach front room and when I walked into the sand patio area, there were cigarette butts everywhere I stepped. No one had cleaned that area anytime in the recent past. There was also an ashtray full of cigarette butts on our outside table. This should have been cleaned when the last people check out with or without a resort fee, but especially with charging one. I could not even sit outside and enjoy the view that I paid for because of the stench.

The next thing was, I though I would try the hammock. As soon as I laid down, it spelled like old body odor and it was disgusting! No one had ever washed that hammock since it was hung up. I got up immediately and could not enjoy that part of my stay either. Oh, and that beachfront room, is littered sand in front of a shallow, dirty lake that smells equally bad.

This is unacceptable. When I expressed my concerns to the owner Chris, he basically told me that there was nothing wrong with his hotel or his guest services and that If I write a bad review he will have it removed, otherwise he would be sitting duck to all kinds of bad reviews. Well,
maybe because they are TRUE!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
14 Thank Fariba M
This is a well-known scam in the hotel business. Threaten to write a bad review and get your room for free! Chain hotels go along with it because their corporate head office fines them $750 for bad reviews. We are family owned. We don't cooperate with scammers, so occasionally we get one of these reviews. Read what our honest guests have to say.

Travellers are raving about these Key West hotels