Our last visit was in 2008, four years later our 4th visit was even better than we remembered. We were warmly greeted by Rebecca and shown to the Garden Room, our favorite. At The Mermaid & The Alligator everything exceeds expectations. Delicious breakfasts (thank you Geri and Paul), afternoon wine and snacks and a lovely outside area to socialize with other guests - or just spend alone time. They think of everything for you, from everything you need for the beach including towels, umbrellas and sunscreen, to rain umbrellas or a personal item you forgot from home. The location is perfect as you can walk to anywhere in Old Town. The two beloved dogs, Havana and Caya, are a joy. The dogs are well trained and there are signs at the tables asking guests not to feed the 'Muffin Monsters' - they keep a jar in the kitchen filled with treats for guests to give them. We are glad that Paul and Dean decided to make the M & A completely smoke free. Consider a visit after Thanksgiving to see the gorgeous holiday decorations put up by Dean. Award winning. Thank you Dean, Paul, Rebecca and Geri - every visit is like coming home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the casual elegance and style of a more relaxed age. Our beautiful circa 1904 Victorian Home, located in the heart of Old Town Key West, offers the warm hospitality of a traditional bed & breakfast while providing our guest a place to relax, enjoy the ambiance, and even shut out the rest of the world if you choose. Join us and feel at home. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Mermaid & The Alligator Hotel Key West
- The Mermaid And The Alligator
- The Mermaid & The Alligator Key West, Florida