“Perfect for whatever you plan to do in KW”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Mermaid & The Alligator
Ranked #4 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed at the M&A for 3 nights in Oct2013. I was accompanied by my partner, and my parents. We came to Key West after visiting a few other locations in Florida.

I honestly cannot begin to describe just how curteous and hospitable the owners of this b&b are. From the moment we arrived Dean was extremely welcoming; he came out to meet us and had already identified which party we were and which rooms we were checking in to before we told him. Absolutely everything which is done here is with the comfort and ease of the guests in mind.

The rooms (we stayed in Papaya and my parents in Key Lime) are immaculately clean with beautiful decor and the gardens and calm, tranquil and relaxing. The breakfast is homemade and exquisite. There is lemonade available at 3am, and a lovely glass of wine at 5pm. These small touches made our stay even more enjoyable.

We were a varied group, but the M&A met all of our needs. This is postively the nicest place that I have ever stayed, and I really recommend visiting here, whatever you plan to do in Key West.

Thank you M&A for a lovely, LUXURIOUS stay :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 October 2013

My wife and I finally got away and stayed at this wonderful place , the gardens were really pleasant and quiet. The breakfast was very good, close to Duval st. and mallary square. We are going back as soon as we can. My wife cant stop talking about it. The staff and owners have this
bed and breakfast a perfect getaway for a weekend in the Keys..............

Room Tip: We stayed in the key lime cabin, it was small but totally great
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This is a great bed and breakfast to stay while in Key West. I highly recommend it. Well run, clean, friendly.
The breakfast is grand, much better than your average hotel.
The location is excellent as it is just a couple blocks to Duval. Close enough to walk to everything, far enough from the noise.

Room Tip: If you're handicapped I recommend the Audubon room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband and I recently had our first B&B experience at the Mermaid & the Alligator. From the ease of reserving, the whole visit and our check out, we could not have asked for a better experience. We thoroughly enjoyed the home, the refreshments, breakfast, pool, the staff, location. No complaints here just praises for a memorable visit. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WallandTNgal
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Just as nice as last time we stayed here...this time in the Caribbean Queen room...WOW! great private balcony overlooking the front garden and a knockout room!! Dean & Paul run a super b&b and have thought of everything a guest could need...sorry we missed Geri this trip...Caya & Havana are two of the sweetest dogs ever. Of course we will return!

Room Tip: every room is different, and all are beautifully decorated!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank snoobette
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We just returned today from 3 wonderful nights in the treetop room..we wish we could have stayed! This is my favorite Key West B&B so far, and I have stayed in a few. What makes this place so special are the little touches: friendly puppies greeting you at the door, a wonderful spa-like aroma throughout the house, black washclothes embroidered with "makeup" on the bathroom sink, guest beverages as you head to the beach, beach umbrellas and unlimited sunblock. Special touches and attention to detail! Our room was very special and romantic- one morning it was a typical Florida rain and the sound on the roof was very relaxing. In case you do not like the sound of cars going by, a sound machine is right by the bed (we set ours on ocean waves). The soaking tub was fabulous after an evening dip in the pool (and there is still a private bath/shower in the room- other guests thought our suite was all open, no bathroom door). I will not stay anywhere different when I'm Key West again!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Floridawolves
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We went to Key West to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary and after reading reviews and looking at the Mermaid and Alligator website we decided to stay there. It was absolutely a beautiful B & B. The thought of everything from beach towels to wine and lemonade in the afternoons,The grounds were so gorgeous and lush with so many little hideaways to nap, read, or just relax. Breakfasts were so delicious--so much more than most B & B's offer. The rooms were beautifully decorated and so clean. All the staff were so friendly and accommodating. Dean and Paul, the owners, were very gracious, too. Both Geri and Rebecca were so accommodating in helping us plan excursions, recommend restaurants, make reservations, and answer questions we had. To top it off their two flat haired retrievers Havana and Caya were so sweet to be around; they were the stars! We can't wait to return sooner rather than later for another idyllic stay there!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple