My husband and I eloped to Key West, and stayed at the Mermaid and Alligator Inn for 5 nights. We stayed in the Caribbean Queen room, which was gorgeous, comfortable, spacious, charming and it had a private veranda. Niche gardens surround the Inn, so there are many hiding places to relax and be lazy. The Inn feels very welcoming and trusting; we wandered about, viewing interesting art work and artifacts, and felt welcomed to do so. Two friendly dogs often wandered with us, or simply came over to curl up at our feet and keep us company. The breakfasts were delicious and we had choices to make. Wine was set out in the early evening, which was such a treat after a day of touring. The staff helps make connection for rentals and reservations. When we could peek at other rooms, they were all beautiful. You cannot go wrong with this Inn... a MUST see and stay place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the casual elegance and style of a more relaxed age. Our beautiful circa 1904 Victorian Home, located in the heart of Old Town Key West, offers the warm hospitality of a traditional bed & breakfast while providing our guest a place to relax, enjoy the ambiance, and even shut out the rest of the world if you choose. Join us and feel at home. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Mermaid And The Alligator
- The Mermaid & The Alligator Hotel Key West
- The Mermaid & The Alligator Key West, Florida