If you're contemplating where to stay in Key West, let me help you: choose The Mermaid & The Alligator. My husband and I split our April 2014 week-long stay across two rooms--the Caribbean Queen and the Tree Top suites--due to availability during the requested week (this place seems always to be full--a very good sign when you're doing your research). While both rooms were beautiful, the Caribbean Queen was our favorite...the 2nd floor, wraparound porch (complete with patio seating and your own personal hammock) offers a nice view of the front gardens, which (front and back of the property) are so lush that you have all the privacy/seclusion you could want. We wondered whether traffic noise on Truman/US 1 would be an issue, but there was no disturbance at all. The rooms are super clean and well-appointed, with attention to comfort, beauty, and detail being pretty much the theme for the property as a whole. Fantastic "hidden" areas in the rear gardens; separate towels for pool and beach (and even a bag to tote them in); lemonade in the garden at 3PM daily, wine at 6; tea and Keurig coffee available all day (as are water and soft drinks). The staff is friendly and courteous...helpful and attentive but also mindful of personal space. We rented bikes for the week and Geri and Rebecca arranged the whole thing, from delivery to pickup. Geri also came through on our last-minute request for a moonlight kayak trip (through Blue Planet Kayak Tours--HIGHLY recommend these guides; the nighttime paddle was a perfect time to be on the water, accommodated all "skill" levels, and was so much fun). There are as many places to stay in Key West as there are people who visit, but I honestly can't see anyone who stays at The Mermaid & The Alligator ever choosing anywhere different again. We will definitely be coming back! Thank you, thank you, thank you for wonderful getaway!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the casual elegance and style of a more relaxed age. Our beautiful circa 1904 Victorian Home, located in the heart of Old Town Key West, offers the warm hospitality of a traditional bed & breakfast while providing our guest a place to relax, enjoy the ambiance, and even shut out the rest of the world if you choose. Join us and feel at home. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Mermaid And The Alligator
- The Mermaid & The Alligator Hotel Key West
- The Mermaid & The Alligator Key West, Florida