We are KW, regulars, we always try and mix up places and always stay somewhere different. We were there for scheduled 8 days, 4 of those was spent at another B&B, which had excellent location, but everything else just stank, and the other 4 days was spent at the M&A.
When we walked in, it was like heaven! Such beauiful Gardens, Our rooms has fabulous sheets, blankets and pillows. The owners and there staff were so gratious!
The decor of the home, was something out of a magazine! Tons of books and such laying around asking to be read.
There really wasn't any detail missing!
The B&B have a nice small breaksfast of, homemade muffins, yogart, fruits, etc. they also make 1 hot item too, so one day it was banana pancakes, etc.
They have a cocktail hour which only consists of Red/White Wine, but it is was perfect! I like my cocktails, and this gave us time to get ready have a glass of wine talk with other guests and then head out for the evening, not to mention making friends. We meet another couple that had never been to KW before, so we showed them the town!
We ended up extending our stay due to weather back home, and they helped in every way, by letting up stay longer, at a discounted rate.
Be sure to check out the front porch too, I loved sitting there getting sun and reading a book!!
I would go back to this place for sure, and I have been all around Key West!
Plus I love the dogs! Very well mannered! and Sweet!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the casual elegance and style of a more relaxed age. Our beautiful circa 1904 Victorian Home, located in the heart of Old Town Key West, offers the warm hospitality of a traditional bed & breakfast while providing our guest a place to relax, enjoy the ambiance, and even shut out the rest of the world if you choose. Join us and feel at home. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Mermaid And The Alligator
- The Mermaid & The Alligator Hotel Key West
- The Mermaid & The Alligator Key West, Florida