Stayed at the Mermaid & Alligator for 4 nights last week. It really was as charming as it was portrayed on the website. We stayed in the Bamboo room which was in a cottage away from the main house, which was very private & lovely. The room/suite was spacious & comfortable. The bathroom sink drained very slowly & although it was mentioned to the owners twice, it was never addressed. Otherwise, the attention to detail & our comfort was admirable. Egyptian cotton towels, Swiss toiletries, and a remarkably comfortable bed. Breakfast was great! Loved the hot muffins & the breakfast entrees. Proximity to Duval Street was wonderful (2 blocks away). Overall, an excellent find in Key West!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the casual elegance and style of a more relaxed age. Our beautiful circa 1904 Victorian Home, located in the heart of Old Town Key West, offers the warm hospitality of a traditional bed & breakfast while providing our guest a place to relax, enjoy the ambiance, and even shut out the rest of the world if you choose. Join us and feel at home. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Mermaid & The Alligator Hotel Key West
- The Mermaid And The Alligator
- The Mermaid & The Alligator Key West, Florida