Coconut Beach Resort
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
US$309
  • Pool
Havana Cabana Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$216
US$371
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
US$1,147
  • Pool
All reviewslouie's backyardtime sharetimeshare ownersprivate beachhot tubrocking chairsduval streetocean viewbest of both worldssouthernmost pointlovely poolfew blockslaid backunitsbedroomwardrobeparadise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2009

Were scheduled to stay a week but spent one night and went to a much nicer place 2 blocks away for 20 per night more.
No restaurant. Cheaply furnished and aged decor. Had to slam the door to shut it, this shook the doors next to us. Space in connecting room door large enough to see the people in it. Could hear conversations like they were in the same room as we were.
Don't stay here if you want any sleep or any sense of security.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank sonosolutions
Reviewed 19 May 2009

Quiet area, but within walking to hopping Duval St...
Directly on small beach area, plenty of lounge chairs in sun or shade. Perfect getaway!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DEBACK56
Reviewed 18 December 2008

My husband and I recently stayed at the Coconut Beach Resort in Key West, through an Interval timeshare. We had a wonderful experience. The resort is amazing : it is beautifully maintained and very upscale inside and out. The two bedroom suite is beautiful, clean and well stocked. The staff is friendly and attentive.

The location is great : views from any point in the resort painted a beautiful picture of the Atlantic Ocean : Sunrise and sunset were spectacular .

This place was so nice : we would definitely recommend and visit again.

Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank olivia49
Reviewed 18 December 2008

I have been to Key West 9 times and this was, by far, the worst place I have stayed. First, before I rave about the bad stuff, let me say that the view of the ocean from this resort is phenominal, if you have a full ocean view room. The pool area was fairly nice, except lots of kids. Don't try to read a book or nap. Not gonna happen. It is, however, right on the water. Other than that, everything else SUCKED! Upon arrival, I was told that my room was just around the corner. After meandering around for 15 minutes looking for my room, with no hotel staff in sight, I had to return to the front desk and ask for assistance. Mind you, this was August in Key West with lots of luggage. I was drenched. Now a differnet, barely English- speaking idiot was there and told me my room was on the opposite side of the place, 3 flooors up. There are NO elevators! No bell-hops or room attendants to help either. It's all stairs and lots of 'em. Get ready for your workout. In fact, as I was trying to go up the many flights of stairs with my luggage, the housekeeping staff wouldn't even move out of the way so we could get by. The room seemed semi- clean until I looked at my feet. I took my shoes off and walked around the room and my white socks turned black on the bottom. YUCK! The carpeting was absolutely filthy. I don't think it had ever been cleaned. The walls were paper thin and you could hear the people in the next room as plain as day. The t.v. didn't work and it had to be changed out. The ceiling fan made a horrible noise if you turned it up past the low setting. The bed, hard as a rock. My wallet was stolen out of the room by a housekeeper. When I complained to mgmt., they said they "have bigger fish to fry." Nice, huh? The board of health shut down their pool during our stay also. Do not stay here! You can not enter the establishment next door via their pool area either. That's a lie in their advertisement. Find a nice bed and breakfast. This place sucks!!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Grubbee
Reviewed 8 December 2008

My Girlfriend and I stayed at Coconut Beach for 2 Nights on a spur of the moment trip, We spent 2 lovely afternoons on the Ocean Front Pool, and had a great time. The location is awesome and the customer service was also great. I would highly recommend the Coconut Beach Resort in Key West!

Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple