1,077 results
All reviewshemingway housemojito bargreat locationgary cooperlight houseduval streetbagelssouthernmost pointdirectly across the streetpool areapedestal sinkcontinental breakfasttiny roomcouple blockssmall poolwalked everywherefew blocks
Reviewed 16 April 2011

I have been to Key West five times and the most important thing I look for in a hotel is cleanliness and location. This hotel is not a luxury hotel, but is does have the charm and beauty that is so typical of Key West. The location is absolutely perfect. Walking distance to alll the attractions on Duval St. There is abike rental place one block away and it is right around the corner from Blue Heaven, which is the best brunch anywhere in the US. The pool area is nice and they do serve a light breakfast in the morning. Pool area was quiet and not packed. I am plannin on staying at this hotel when I return to Key West in November.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2011

What a cute little place. One block from Duval street, across from Hemingway's house, down the road from mile marker 0...
Very peaceful, very clean, great location and price.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 29 March 2011

My husband and I spent one night in Key West and were so happy to have booked to stay at the Lighthouse Court. We are from Canada and were visiting family in Florida and decided last minute to book a night in Key West for a two day trip. It was really easy to book the room and we even received a room upgrade upon arrival. The location of the hotel was perfect as we enjoyed being close to Duval St. while being off the beaten path. We had our own front porch to enjoy the beautiful evening air and morning coffee and paper. The room was very clean and the poolside continental breakfast was very generous. Like I said, "Perfect"

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2011

We spent three nights in Key West in early March and were thrilled to stay at the Lighthouse Court. The last time we were in Key West, we stayed at a B&B a bit further inland. When we peeked into the Lighthouse Court to see what the grounds looked like, we were greeted by an employee that suggested we look around, hang at the bar, take a dip in the pool. She even got us towels to use. We were so impressed by their generosity, that we knew that's where we wanted to stay the next time we visited.

After reading some of the reviews here, we were a bit worried that we had made a mistake. But our stay could not have been better and we're already trying to finagle our way back down there.

We stayed in an updated room and found it to be delightful. I would certainly recommend you ask for one. Our room had it's own front porch that looked directly onto the Hemingway House. We used it every morning to eat our breakfast, read and plan out our day. We were worried about the noise of being right on top of Whitehead Street, but we slept like babies every night and never even used the complimentary ear plugs.

Special Thanks to Alex in the bar and Jacomo at the front desk for making the stay so pleasant and easy going. Only recommendation I have (which has already been noted here) is toiletry space in the bathroom. I thought I was brilliant when I solved this dilemma by pulling up the blinds and placing our things on the window will. But when we returned to our room, we found that anything could melt did. Give us a shelf. Other than that, this place was phenomenal and we'll be back soon.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Me & my mother stayed here for one night because our reservation at the Curry Mansion got messed up and we were very pleased! The office staff was extremely helpfull and friendly,one of them even went outside to help us find a parking spot, (which is a chore in key west). They were great about giving us directions and recommendations. Because our reservations got messed up at the other hotel,we were searching for places to stay which was next to impossible because it was spring break and almost everywhere was booked solid,but the men at the front desk were very helpful offering to store our luggage after checkout while we were at the beach and letting us use a bathroom to fresh up afterwards.
The room was very quaint. Everything was very clean and you could tell they kept up with the updating. We did see a small bug on the sink, but that is to be expected when u stay somewhere close to water with a lot of plants around thee little cottage like rooms.
The continental breakfast was very good, we got out right before it was over and there was still plenty to choose from!
The price is a little high (we payed 270 for a night during their highest rated season for a room with one king size bed) but the location is great. It's right across from the Hemingway house and right down from Duval which helps filter out some of the loud noise from duval nightlife, but allows you easy access to it if u want to join in the fun! Overall great place! Would definitely return!

• Stayed: March 2011