“Great place to relax. We didn't want to go home!”

Lighthouse Court Hotel in Key West
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Orlando, FL
“Great place to relax. We didn't want to go home!”
Reviewed 13 July 2011

This charming hotel is in a great location in Old Town, with excellent service and amenities. We enjoyed the pool deck, cont breakfast every morning, various spots on the property for relaxing and the beautiful, tropical landscaping. Many attractions and restaurants are within walking distance as well as bike rental places. Our standard room was small, but a perfect home away from home for us. The housekeeping service was great and I felt very comfortable. It had a large bathroom and high ceilings and ceiling fans. No fridge, but plenty of room for our coolers and endless supply of ice down the hall.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the street (and the roosters) will be quieter.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gracetraveler5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I found Lighthouse Court on the internet and based my choice of accomodations by what I read there. I was not disappointed.
First, the Inn's location is just right for someone like me - I walked everywhere!
The room size was great and there was a small refrigerator for keeping cold drinks. My room was located in the pool area and it was perfect! I came out each morning for coffee and breakfast. There is also a café in that same area that serves salads, sandwiches and drinks...perfect is again the word that comes to mind!
Those with whom I spoke when making reservations, the night manager, Zuzana and all others involved when checking in were pleasant and helpful!
Scott and Peter at the café, Frankie and the housekeeping staff are most friendly and kind!
I love Key West and highly recommend staying at Lighthouse Court.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2011

This is an affordable, pretty historic hotel with lush gardens and very clean grounds and rooms to stay at in Key West. It's located closer to the southern end of the island across from the Ernest Hemingway House on block off Duval. So it's close to everything and still far enough away to be quiet and relaxing. I recommend calling about your room location. We were in the first room past the office, so it was kind of public. We still liked it though because the place was quiet and it really wasn't a big deal. I would like to stay somewhere more private next time. We had a King Deluxe, which was a really good size room. I think some of the Queens were really small. My only complaint about our room is that the bathroom was weird with a SUPER teeny shower stall and one small sink ... yet there was room for a huge vanity in there. Except for that it was a nice room and the bed was comfortable. They have their own cafe and bar right next to the pool with decent prices (drinks are a little high, but hey ... you don't have to go anywhere AND KW is already expensive). The pool looks at the Lighthouse ... so it's really a great little place. The staff are very helpful with taxis, bike rentals, and whatever items you may need. I definitely recommend it as one of the many great options on the island ...

Room Tip: Definitely go with the Deluxe King option since the room is significantly bigger than most of the qu...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Rome
Reviewed 28 June 2011

The house was in a perfect location. One street over from Duval so it was not too loud but everything, even Mallory Square, was with in a 20 minute walking distance. The hotel exceeded my expectations. I was nervous about even staying in Key West after reading reviews of many hotels, but I am happy to say that my younger sister and I felt safe and had no fear of unwanted guests (aka bugs) staying with us. I am even happier to say that the neighborhood surrounding the hotel was nothing like a ghetto, despite another reviewers opinion that almost made me book else where. I will recommend this hotel to anyone I know going to the keys.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Good deal and price for Key West.Walking distance to everything.Staff very friendly.

Room Tip: book early
1 Thank big4buck
Wilton, New York
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Having never been to Key West, my husband and I were initially looking at staying one of the many chain resorts but couldn't find one within our budget and that seemed to have all the ammenties we were looking for (in Old Town Key West, breakfast). Ater seeking advice from a friend who's been many times (and stayed at the Key Lime Inn) we booked Lighthouse Court (Key Lime did not have any rooms available at the time). We actually booked a Sunset Sail package for $500 which included the cruise and 3 nights stay (with breakfast). What a deal! After having gotten acquainted with the island, we are VERY happy that we didn't book a resort and pay a lot more given the quality of this B&B and it's prime location (right across from the Ernest Heminway museum) and a block from Duval.

The staff that we encountered during our stay was very friendly! My only (very minor) complaint is that I had to call 3x's to get a confirmation emailed to me upon booking.

Wouldn't change a thing upon our next trip to KW!

2 Thank LizzyP_915
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We stayed here on our last night in Key West. It was great - really good location close to Hemmingway's house, a few minutes walk to Duval Street but in a lovely quiet street itself. Breakfast was a bit basic and the room , although large had no outlook and no outside seating area unlike a lot of the rooms

2 Thank princess7of9