“A sunset to remember & a relaxing night.”

Lighthouse Court Hotel in Key West
Ranked #21 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 30 September 2013

A really quaint hotel across the street from Ernest Hemingway's house in addition to being within walking distance of ALL the attractions in the area. Parking was available at no cost (small area in the back) which was a nice touch, since parking on the streets was EXTREMELY limited. We visited the nearby fort, took a lot of sunset photo's from that park, saw the butterfly house and (in general) took in the local sight and sounds. Certainly, the price was right....we booked this and our Ft. Lauderdale trip through AAA in April of 2012.

Room Tip: All rooms were almost identical and well planned insofar as layout. They had a light breakfast ava...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I am a local Key Wester. I won a Gift Certificate to the Lighthouse Court in a fundraising prize package. They honored the gift certificate which I shared with my Aunt. Cathi was attentive and even texted me (my preferred way) to confirm my reservation.
The location is not only on a historic site itself, but across the street from world famous writer, Hemingways House. My aunt was surprise to find she was only 1 block away from our favorite spot on Duval 915 /Point 5 Lounge.
Thank you LightHouse court. ~ Frenchie KW

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FrenchieKW
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We drove from our hometown outside Orlando, FL and enjoyed the 7 hour drive to Key West to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday. Our friends were staying at the Westin, but we wanted to experience something more quaint and local and found the Historic Key West Inn wesbite. I know you pay for what you get and this hotel's rate was decent compared to other options. However, based on the photos on the website, I expected something nicer. At first we couldn't open up the door because it was swollen shut from humidity - I guess this is to be expected with a older hotel and it was charming that the doors took real keys (though I wonder how safe that is.) I am never thrilled with dark carpet in a hotel room - just screams grime and I didn't feel comfortable walking bare foot in our room. The website showed hardwood floors and a much cleaner room. I knew the room would be small and I was ok with that. The bed sheets were crisp, clean and white which I appreciated. The bathroom was appalling. Again it wasn't the size. The tile and grout were so dirty and I found several ants in the sink every time I used it. Fixtures need updating and repair and when I took a shower, I wished I was wearing flip flops. The bathrooms just need a major overhaul. I've been to many European hotels with tiny bathrooms and they've been spotless and very nice. There is just no reason for this. The room was very humid and had a glorified window unit which actually wasn't so bad because it drowned out the noise of roosters crowing starting at 4:30 am. The actual window in the room was COVERED in green algae, I couldn't believe it. I couldn't hang a dress in the closet because of the shelf that was two feet below the ceiling of the closet, but I understand it is an historic hotel and they did the best they could with the space, but the inside of the closet was not surprisingly grimy. The chest of drawers were stained and I didn't feel comfortable putting my clothes inside so they just stayed in our suitcase. I wasn't wild about the skinny dipping ladies at the pool, but I am not so uptight that I didn't appreciate the fun they were having. It was a big bike weekend and we weren't expecting that either, but that isn't the hotel's fault. Hotel is in a good location, walking distance to Duval Street and other sites - Ernest Hemingway's house directly across the street. Free unlimited parking on the street even during the busy weekend. Continental breakfast included very decent coffee and what looked like grocery-store procured breads and muffins (more effort could be made in this area with more interesting offerings.) Bartender at hotel pool was charming and made us a great margaritas. When we checked in, the agent gave us a 2/1 drink coupon - and he was very nice. However, I won't be returning to the Lighthouse Court because the hotel rooms and the grounds were just too unkempt.

Room Tip: I guess call ahead and make sure you get the room you're expecting. Maybe they have rooms with u...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MHDom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed here August 2-4, 2013. My husband and I had a Queen Suite, which had a wet bar with a mini fridge, microwave, sink and several other things that would have been very convenient had we been staying longer. There was a small couch with a TV and a porch with chairs to relax on. I would not say that the bed was a Queen but it was sufficient though it sagged in the middle a bit. To be honest it was a place to sleep and the A/C was cold which was what you really needed after walking in the blistering August heat all day! The bathroom was nice with a large shower stall. We did not spend a lot of time in the room. We had 2 other family members with us who split a room with 2 queens and it worked out just fine. The pool is small but enough to cool of, the "bar" closed pretty early. Only thing I had was a mojito and it was tasty. Since we took the Key West Express down it was convenient that they had a place to store our luggage until check in/check out. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. I would say that it was expensive but everything in Key West was expensive. An upside to this place was that it was about a block back from Duval so you could take a short walk to Duval but go back to your room and enjoy a little quiet time. We had breakfast each day at the Six Toed Cat which was across the street about half a block up.

1  Thank Rfamily33981
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Luckily we stayed for one day only. The room was adapted. We hated that it had no outlets for electronic equipment. We managed to find one in the bathroom, above the sink, not the best place to recharge your mobile though, not to mention your iPad. The reception had no plug adapters (plugs are different in other parts of the world) so I had to make do with the European adapter I'd brought. The bathroom is not a separate entity, it's open to the room above your head, so bathroom odors invade the room anytime. This was actually awful. The hotel has only 5 parking spots, so if you've rented a car you may not find a place to park. Check-in is late, at 3 pm, but check-out is early, at 11 am. Though Denice at the reception desk was kind enough to extend that for us as we ended up running late. Breakfast was disappointing, no eggs, plastic knives and forks, no cheese or ham, so if you had thought about spreading anything on your bread, give it up. And they don't supply actual cutlery, even if you ask. Note: of the entire trip, this was the most expensive hotel we booked.

Room Tip: We stayed at room D1, and I was told we got lucky
4  Thank FabieneRocha
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I travel a lot. I've had the opportunity to stay in some amazing properties. Lighthouse Court goes on the list as a uniquely Key West hotel. The hotel is located just far enough off the beaten path to keep it quiet but close enough you can walk or cycle to just about everything Key West has to offer. The property is old; everything in Key West is for that matter. It's been maintained very well. Parking is, well, challenging. We were traveling with hundreds of pounds of dive equipment, a toddler, and friends. We're not exactly the most nimble of parties. The check-in staff helped us find a parking spot and then went outside and stood in the spot to hold it while we retrieved the car. The staff's performance never wavered from this level during our entire stay. I believe that the Four Seasons could learn a thing or two from the staff at Lighthouse Court. I'd recommend staying here - the pool is central, there's a great continental breakfast served poolside daily, and everything is accessible easily in Key West.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are very small - if this is a problem for you make sure you check out the size bef...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lawrence C
Reviewed 29 August 2013

What a gem Key West has in the Lighthouse court. My husband and I had been to Key West in FL several times before and the Lighthouse Court made all the difference in our stay. We were traveling with two teenagers and they put us in a room with two stories. The teens had a nice loft and we all had our privacy! The room was clean and totally up to date with a huge living room, kitchenette, and nice shower. Breakfast in the morning was more than ample, the bar was convenient and we felt as though we were staying with family friends. House keeping and front desk staff went out of their way to make our stay fantastic. Huge bonus having the historic Hemmingway house right across the street and Blue Heaven right around the corner. (Don't miss either) The southern most point and beach were about a five minute walk. Duval street one block over. Just couldn't ask for better or more convenient accommodations. Pool was nice and the whole complex was quiet and nice.

Room Tip: Ask for the two story room if you have more than two quests.