1,091 results
All reviews hemingway house mojito bar great location gary cooper light house duval street bagels southernmost point directly across the street pool area continental breakfast tiny room small pool walked everywhere few blocks each morning old town
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Well I guess I should say that we never stayed there. We arrived on A holiday weekend to find we had no reservation. The credit card was charged than was refunded a couple days before we showed up with no noticed. I do not like to leave bad feedback but this was distressing to be in key west on a holiday with no hotel. The lady at the front desk was trying to figure out what happened and found us a room at key lime inn, which was spectacular. Since they are sister hotels, They knocked $50 off one night. Rooms for both hotels were $330 per night holiday cost.

5  Thank Laura T
HistoricKeyWestInns, Director of Sales at Lighthouse Court Hotel in Key West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Hello Laura T,

We are very sorry for the unfortunate error with your reservation, as we would have loved to have had you stay with us at the Lighthouse Court Hotel. We are thrilled to know that the alternate accommodations we found for you at the Key Lime Inn exceeded your expectations, and we hope we will see you in the future. I highly recommend that guests make reservations directly with the hotel instead of on-line through other booking companies as you did, in order to avoid unnecessary complications from arising. We're glad you had a great holiday weekend in Key West.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is a nice hotel with a good location and a very nice garden and pool area. You get much for a good price. The breakfast was not too good though (very simple). WIFI connection was almost nonexistent.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We're really glad to hear you appreciated the great location and courtyard areas at the Lighthouse Court Hotel.

All stays include a complimentary continental breakfast which includes various yogurts, pastries delivered freshly every day from a local bakery, assorted breakfast cereals, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, toast, orange juice, milk, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, and more. It's a pretty great spread for a continental breakfast!

Getting wireless internet access in all of the guestrooms has been a challenge, but we're excited to let everyone know that we have a company working on it right now. We've been told that the WiFi should be available throughout the entire hotel within the next 6 - 8 weeks. Hooray!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Awesome hotel, Reviews on line had us a little nervous, but we were more than satisfied here. We had a King Room and it was perfect for the two of us. The hotel is so close to some amazing restaurants and historic sites!! We stayed for 5 days and found the staff to be extremely helpful & friendly! There is no doubt we will be back!! The Mojito Bar was a real plus & don't forget to include the lighthouse as your backdrop for your pictures...

2  Thank Lorri V
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This hotel probably doesn't get a lot of business travelers as most guests seem to be there for vacation. But I was there for business and I would stay there again. When I arrived (early) my room wasn't ready, but I got out my laptop and worked in their poolside cafe. When my room was ready, the front desk clerk came to tell me and gave me the key. The bartender in the poolside cafe was friendly and attentive. I also enjoyed breakfast the next morning by the pool before I headed out to my appointments. I thought the location was great and I enjoyed walking around the one evening I was there. They have very limited parking and I had to park on the street, but when I got done with work, around 7pm I didn't have much trouble finding a spot to park less than a block from the hotel. The room was small but for one night it was fine.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Steve H
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We just spent a week here and, while we were overall satisfied with our visit, there are a few things that could have been better.

Pros:

*Location - The hotel is only one street over from Duval; right across from the Hemingway Museum; Next door to the Lighthouse Museum; And only a few blocks away from the Southernmost point. There's plenty of dining and/or bars within a several block radius, especially up on Duval (including a 24hr Denny's, right on the corner at Duval/Truman) and the Conch Train has a stop on the next block up as well. It's a pretty perfect location and not overly noisy. We walked just about everywhere the entire time we were there (Duval is only 14 blocks long).

*Friendly staff & Free wi-fi - although the wi-fi is really spotty the farther you are from the main office. Most people just sat on the office porch if they wanted to use it for any extended period of time. We were in the last bungalow, next to the lighthouse, and my husband got the wi-fi just fine, but I had to be practically on top of it.

*Clean Pool area and continental breakfast, plus drink coupons on check-in. The hotel also provided fairly nice beach towels for guests to use at the pool if you didn't think to bring your own.

*Spacious guest rooms, clean towels daily and clean linens (lots of pillows!!) and a flat screen tv (although the remote was pretty dodgy). There was no closet, but several hooks and a full length mirror were sufficient for our needs. There was also a small dresser, bedside tables and mini-fridge provided. And, plenty of outlets for gadgets and chargers. The hotel also provides the usual "spa"-type sample toiletries of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion and hand soap.

*Private porch and seating, if you're lucky enough to have one of the street rooms (which we were).

*Small private "play" area with corn-hole games and outdoor seating off the pool deck/rear of the hotel.

Cons:

*Parking - The hotel only has 9 parking spaces located behind the hotel (or so we were told. We never went back there to explore.) There are half a dozen free spaces out front as well, but those are typically always full. Almost everything else in the immediate area is either Residential Parking (which you cannot rent or use) or paid parking (meters or lots). If you are lucky enough to find an open spot on the street (it's all parallel parking) chances are good you will have to walk several blocks to and from your vehicle; and some of the areas South didn't seem like places you'd want to be leaving your car. We initially parked a block and half to the South, in front of a small church, but were lucky enough to snag one of the spaces directly in front of the hotel late on our first night. We didn't even consider moving the car once we'd parked, knowing we'd never get a second chance at that location.

*The floor of our bungalow was absolutely filthy. Our first night we thought it might have been sticky from being in our sneakers all day, but the bottoms of our feet were black after walking on the floors. We started wearing slippers and flip-flops anytime we were just walking around the room. The rooms could probably all stand a good steam cleaning. (Maybe the hotel should invest in a couple of Sharks.)

*There was a distinct mold smell at times. Maybe it's b/c the buildings are old, but then I noticed that there was plastic sheeting above the roof line on the front of several of the bungalows. I don't know if they are currently under construction or what, but it was worrying.

*Bugs in the bathroom light fixture. It's Florida, but it was still gross and could really stand to be cleaned out.

*The AC seemed to pull smells from outside. I noticed a garbage can right next to our AC unit on the first and subsequent nights and there were several times where my husband and I both thought we smelled poop. There was also an ash tray with a spent cigar on the stump right outside our window.

Overall, our Key West experience was a good one and I actually would recommend this hotel to friends who want a good location that's not too close to all the hubbub of Duval. Just remember to pack your own toiletries and a pair of slippers.

7  Thank Swtctstrphe