1,092 results
All reviews hemingway house mojito bar great location gary cooper light house duval street bagels southernmost point directly across the street pool area continental breakfast tiny room small pool walked everywhere few blocks each morning old town
Reviewed 27 May 2014

A beautiful property oozing real Key West charm, warm and welcoming and nestled amongst palm trees. It was exactly as the photos on the website we booked with (booking.com). A small very attractive boutique hotel, beautifully designed with island influences, it has a lovely pool/decked courtyard and bar. Our room was tucked around a corner at the side of the property and was really quiet, even with guests in the room above we never heard them. A good sized room, nicely furnished, huge comfortable bed, the room was a bit dusty. The bathroom was small, but had everything you need, would benefit from a small shelf and a couple of hooks as there was no place to put any toiletries or to hang damp pool towels/swimwear, but that wouldn’t put us off coming here again.

Breakfast is served around the pool and is plentiful, a good selection, delish muffins, bagels and good coffee.

Robbie on the Front Desk is super helpful and really friendly, she’s an asset to the hotel and went above and beyond to help us print a document for our onward journey, and was very knowledgeable about the area and gave good recommendations for dinner, sightseeing, Mallory Square, Duval Street, Southernmost Point Buoy etc. There is no wifi in the guest rooms, but its available around the bar/front porch, so no problem. A truly nice relaxing place to be.

The room rate we had included complimentary breakfast, the hotel is expensive for a 3* hotel for Bed & Breakfast. But it is Key West, it's a historic inn and in a superb location, so much nicer than staying in a big hotel chain. We stayed 2 nights and would have liked to stay longer, it was our first time in Key West, we traveled from the UK, drove from Miami and were exploring the Keys. We will definitely return one day. Great location, within walking distance of bars, restaurants, shops and Mallory Square, one block back from Duval. Highly recommended.

4  Thank LongHaulMonkey
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Well I guess I should say that we never stayed there. We arrived on A holiday weekend to find we had no reservation. The credit card was charged than was refunded a couple days before we showed up with no noticed. I do not like to leave bad feedback but this was distressing to be in key west on a holiday with no hotel. The lady at the front desk was trying to figure out what happened and found us a room at key lime inn, which was spectacular. Since they are sister hotels, They knocked $50 off one night. Rooms for both hotels were $330 per night holiday cost.

5  Thank Laura T
HistoricKeyWestInns, Director of Sales at Lighthouse Court Hotel in Key West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Hello Laura T,

We are very sorry for the unfortunate error with your reservation, as we would have loved to have had you stay with us at the Lighthouse Court Hotel. We are thrilled to know that the alternate accommodations we found for you at the Key Lime Inn exceeded your expectations, and we hope we will see you in the future. I highly recommend that guests make reservations directly with the hotel instead of on-line through other booking companies as you did, in order to avoid unnecessary complications from arising. We're glad you had a great holiday weekend in Key West.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is a nice hotel with a good location and a very nice garden and pool area. You get much for a good price. The breakfast was not too good though (very simple). WIFI connection was almost nonexistent.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We're really glad to hear you appreciated the great location and courtyard areas at the Lighthouse Court Hotel.

All stays include a complimentary continental breakfast which includes various yogurts, pastries delivered freshly every day from a local bakery, assorted breakfast cereals, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, toast, orange juice, milk, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, and more. It's a pretty great spread for a continental breakfast!

Getting wireless internet access in all of the guestrooms has been a challenge, but we're excited to let everyone know that we have a company working on it right now. We've been told that the WiFi should be available throughout the entire hotel within the next 6 - 8 weeks. Hooray!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Awesome hotel, Reviews on line had us a little nervous, but we were more than satisfied here. We had a King Room and it was perfect for the two of us. The hotel is so close to some amazing restaurants and historic sites!! We stayed for 5 days and found the staff to be extremely helpful & friendly! There is no doubt we will be back!! The Mojito Bar was a real plus & don't forget to include the lighthouse as your backdrop for your pictures...

2  Thank Lorri V
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This hotel probably doesn't get a lot of business travelers as most guests seem to be there for vacation. But I was there for business and I would stay there again. When I arrived (early) my room wasn't ready, but I got out my laptop and worked in their poolside cafe. When my room was ready, the front desk clerk came to tell me and gave me the key. The bartender in the poolside cafe was friendly and attentive. I also enjoyed breakfast the next morning by the pool before I headed out to my appointments. I thought the location was great and I enjoyed walking around the one evening I was there. They have very limited parking and I had to park on the street, but when I got done with work, around 7pm I didn't have much trouble finding a spot to park less than a block from the hotel. The room was small but for one night it was fine.

Date of stay: April 2014