My husband and I just returned from a weekend in Key West. The Lighthouse Court is in a perfect location. One block off mid-Duval, so it is a 10 -15 minute walk to Fort Zachary Taylor Park, Mallory Square, Southernmost Point, and right across the street from the Hemingway House. It is also right near Blue Heaven, one of my favorite restaurants of all time.
There is a nice courtyard, with a heated pool, and plenty of chaise lounges for relaxing in the sun. The breakfast was fine - bagels, english muffins, juice, coffee, oranges and coffee. We were able to use the property's free parking and not have to worry about our car the entire weekend.
We were on a pretty tight budget, and didn't plan to spend much time at our hotel, so we booked a "budget room" for two nights at $120/ night plus tax and service. The budget part is that it is a shared bath. The bedroom was tiny and basic. We didn't need much more, as all we did was sleep there. However, we felt we were a bit misled by the website which said there are "two bathrooms." There are two rooms with facilities; one with a sink and toilet and one with two showers and two sinks. The showers were fine, but there were eight of us in the budget rooms, and I did find myself in line for the one toilet at 2:15 am.
I have stayed in many places with shared baths, but never with eight people for one toilet. That said, the room was fine, and we would stay there again, but spend a little bit more if it would get us a private bath.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic architecture with updated, modern rooms and amenities are what you will enjoy at our Lighthouse Court Hotel located in the heart of Old Town, Key West Florida. Our stylish, boutique hotel has 40 guest rooms and is located next door to the Key West Lighthouse Museum and across the street from the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum. Just one block off Duval Street, the location affords instant access to some of our favorite things to do in Key West including the Mallory Square sunset celebration, Sloppy Joe's Bar, Margaritaville, the Conch Train, the Harry Truman Little Whitehouse, and the Southernmost Point marker. Historic Architecture & Modern Rooms. Free Continental Breakfast. Free In-Room Internet. Upscale Eco-friendly Bathroom Amenities. Large Heated Pool. Boutique Hotel. Mojito Bar Poolside. Located In Old Town Key West. Walk To Duval Street, Attractions & Beaches. Excellent Location For Weddings At Hemingway House. Modern style & comfort meets relaxed Key West vibe at the Lighthouse Court Hotel. Self Parking in Hotel Parking Lot For $10 USD/day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Agoda so you can book your Lighthouse Court Hotel in Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Court Hotel Key West
- Lighthouse Court Hotel In Key West Florida