Travelers Palm Inn
US$393
US$345
  • Beachfront
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
US$454
US$370
US$335
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)
US$241
US$406
US$334
US$338
US$303
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsisla bellachalet d'amourthree cottagescuban restaurantthe private hot tubduval streetdaily maid servicewalking distance from everythingfew blocksrent bikesice machineoff the beaten pathbike rideplace to staylovely poolwater pressurean oasis
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Great location in Key West. Our studio was comfortable, clean and tastefully appointed. It was convenient to have bike rentals on the property. We didn't need to use our car at all, as you can get pretty much anywhere on bikes. The inn has a lovely ambiance with lush landscaping on a quiet street. Michel was a helpful host.
The only downfalls: There was some sound transference from the adjoining unit; and, we found the water pressure in the shower to be rather weak.
We had a really nice stay in Key West and would recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Our first visit to Key West. Trusted Trip Advisor for inn and dining. This is an excellent choice. Lovely, modern accomodations. Walking distance to Duval and all that that offers. Charming, knowledgeable owner. Quiet.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2013

My daughter took me to Key West recently to celebrate my 65th birthday and she found the perfect place. Travelers Palm is a beautiful oasis close enough to the center of all the fun and far enough away to be quiet and peaceful. Our room was very tastefully decorated and absolutely immaculate.The lush grounds separated the cottages housing a room or two. I especially liked that it was a very "green" place to stay, making it easy for us to reduce our environmental footprint while we were there. Parking was easy and convenient. Michel recommended several places to eat in nearby Bahama Village. We found his suggestions to be absolutely delicious and reasonably priced for Key West. We'd definitely go back--no hesitation!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2013

This place is fantastic! We rented the two bedroom cottage and were delighted with the accommodations. Everything was first rate and the place was perfect. Centrally located, it was convenient to all the major attractions in Key West. While we had absolutely terrible weather while we stayed in Key West, Travelers Palm Inn helped us get over this and we had a thoroughly enjoyable vacation. We would highly recommend Travelers Palm Inn and would stay there again if we ever get back to Key West. Michel is a wonderful host!

Jim and Somaya Watkins

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Just came back from 3 nights at Traveler’s Palm. The accommodations were immaculate, spacious, comfortable and attractive. The kitchen was well stocked with dishes and appliances. The pool was small but sufficient and the landscaping around the pool was very nice. It was definitely walkable from Duval Street as well as some other good restaurants off the main drag (like 7 Fish).

So why am I only giving Traveler’s Palm 4 stars? Well, there are a couple of issues.

First, we stayed in the Chalet D'Amour studio. To enter or exit the house, we had to maneuver 4 steps that had no railing. That was not an easy task for my husband or me, as neither of us have great balance, especially when carrying luggage or bags from shopping trips. The steps led to a small porch which also had no railing. At one point I had to shout “STOP” to my husband who had taken a step backwards. If he had gone any further, he would have fallen backwards right off the porch!

To get from the house out to the street, you have to walk past the pool through a maze of gates. That’s no problem, but the lights around the pool at night were dim, and there were no lights at the gates. You actually have to use the house key to enter back in through one of the gates, and it was impossible to see the lock in the dark. Fortunately we have a flashlight app on our cell phones that we were able to use.

It seemed to us like the owner has put so much thought and care into making Traveler’s Palm a wonderful place, but stopped short of these safety issues.

We stayed in the studio, and other people moved into the remainder of the house, or the "suite" on our final day. I could hear voices from the suite very clearly, and although I fortunately didn't hear any voices at night, I was awakened by someone coughing in the suite in the middle of the night. I'm guessing that the bedrooms had an adjoining wall. There could be an issue with noisy neighbors.

One other small thing – we had the bad luck to be in Key West for the coldest Florida week of the season. The blanket on the bed was not warm enough and there were no extra blankets. We turned on the heat and that did the job just fine, but hey – I was in Florida! I didn’t want to blast the heat! –an extra blanket would have preferable.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
mappellis, Owner at Travelers Palm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Thank you very much for the review.
I have met with our contractor and we have decided to add railings and handrails to all of the decks. Bear in mind Travelers Palm is fully licensed and gets inspected many times a year and the various inspectors have never felt that this was a safety issue.
Every deck and porch has its own light with a clearly labeled switch. The lanaii also has additional lights. I feel that additional lights would destroy the atmosphere and will not add any more.
Every bedroom has an extra blanket in the chest of drawers. As our client could not find it, this drawer is now labeled "Blanket".
Note, the adjoining wall is 8" thick with extra blown inn insulation.
The door is solid fitted with sound studio stripping. I have no control as to how loud the neighbors are unless I am made aware of a problem.