Pros. Beautiful setting. Clean and spacious cottages . Very friendly staff , great to the kids. Quiet and peaceful. Beach small but spacious.marinelife abound.. Family of manatees were swimming right near shore and fish galore by the docks where the hotel let's kids use fishing poles and gives them bait for free! Baskets of goodies in am with orange juice nice touch.latitudes excellent service and food but I agree with other guest post, food actually comes too fast and you do get the feeling of being rushed.
Cons: beach attendee lazy and not friendly, many times I had to get my own towels and fix my chair.. He starts cleaning up around 2-3 you feel like its time to go. no drink service at beach if there is service ends at 2 pm. I didn't see it. Beach is soooooo rocky that it is torture getting into the water. All the hotel would have to do is rake these rocks/shrapnel out and the beach would be perfect. One guest actually manually made a path for all of us to get into the water pain free. Pool small and had quite a bit of bird poop in it. My teens wouldn't swim in it because of this. Pool bar should be open later but it closes , no food after 4. Soooo not many options to eat.. Hotel should advise guests to bring food over from mainland to stock their fridge. only one restaurant... Only serve Starbucks coffee which I am NOT a big fan.. Should offer a milder brand in am. key west tourist boats fly by all day and one booze cruise actually blocks the sunset every night... You have to move to get a photo without the boat in front of it. one night they were screaming across the bay at us and laughing ??? !!
Overall, I would or could not stay here for more than 3 days. But did enjoy our stay.Just not enough activities or options to eat. Hated key west so didn't enjoy going there at night. if you want quiet, relax, and enjoy a book and cocktail on your porch.. Great for that and I enjoyed the quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Key Cottages is a secluded tropical island sanctuary located just 500 yards off the coast of Key West, featuring private cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunset Key Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Key Guest Cottages, a Westin Hotel Key West
- Westin Key West
- Key West Westin
- Sunset Key Cottages Guest
- Sunset Key Cottages Key West, Florida