We stayed at the Eyebrow House for 4 nights and found the location to be SO convenient but all I wanted was a good nights sleep. I can put up with a lot at a hotel/B&B - including cleanliness and decor, but if I don't get that sleep, especially for the amount of money paid at Eyebrow, then I will take off stars and probably won't return. As per the description, Eyebrow House is very spacious and offers the entire lower floor of a heritage house that is about 2 blocks away from the main Andrews Inn. We were greeted by a fairly strong musty smell which did fade away as one got used to it, but it might be a problem for those with allergies. It may be due to the overstuffed furniture in the living room which may not be appropriate in humid FLA conditions. The kitchen was well appointed and the back deck/patio was quite enjoyable and lovely. I also liked all the ceiling fans. My husband and I doubted that the one bed, called a queen, was a regulation queen-size, however. It was narrower than our queen at home. I ended up having to create a make-shift sleeping arrangement in the dining room with the pull out bed's mattress on the floor, due to hubbie's cold-related snoring and that would have been OK, but the guests in the lower Eyebrow suite are at the mercy of the people above them in the Treetop suite. If the Treetops people are up until midnight, then you will hear "clump, clump, clump" as they walk around or drop things above. That is the nature of being in an older house, but irritating late at night. One morning we had to get up early to catch the ferry to Tortugas and that happened to be the night guests above us in Treetops decided to do their laundry until 10:45 pm at night. The laundry room is on the lower level, right outside our dining room. I spoke to them twice and emailed the inn owners but to no avail that night. I even tried phoning the owners but didn't get an answer...(In fact we never even met the owners the whole time we were there.) There really ought to be a policy on laundry use hours at the house.
For anyone sensitive to noise, it's pretty much ongoing in this location. I booked the place 4 months in advance but sadly that wasn't enough advance notice to get the upper floor. Also it might be quieter to stay in the Inn proper because the house front door is only about 15 feet from the street and I heard a number of Harleys chugging and accelerating on the street late into the night. The Inn is set back more from the road. One last thing that we found a bit confusing was the status of the breakfast. For $259 a night, breakfast is not really included for guests at Eyebrow - it has its own kitchen and it is a bit of a walk to partake in the food offerings. When I asked Jorge at check-in, he said we were welcome to eat the breakfast, but there wasn't enough sitting room. Yet we were invited to the Happy Hour which is in the same location around the pool in the afternoon. So as I said, a bit confusing and we didn't really feel welcome, so didn't go.
He was very prompt in supplying us with coffee filters when I asked though. Blackfin Bistro was a block away and the dinner on the patio was the highlight of my stay in Key West! For the money spent, I would probably go back to Almond Tree Inn again, a place we stayed 4 years ago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly located behind the Hemingway Estate and down a small lane off of Duval Street, Andrews Inn offers 10 rooms, suites and cottages. Enjoy our champagne continental breakfast and daily happy hour by the pool. The courtyard is lushly landscaped with palms, jasmine, and hibiscus. Suites and cottages include kitchens, private decks with jacuzzis, and are welcome to pets and families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Andrews Inn and Garden Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andrews Inn And Garden Cottages Hotel Key West
- Andrews Inn And Garden Cottages Key West, Florida