Andrews Inn and Garden Cottages
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
US$370
US$286
  • Restaurant
US$280
US$258
Eden House(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$416
US$388
TripAdvisor
US$468
US$414
  • Pool
Havana Cabana Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$189
TripAdvisor
US$362
  • Breakfast included
US$367
US$325
  • Pool
All reviewshemingway houseparis roomhappy hourb bother guestsduval streethot tubsmall poolquiet oasisevery morninggreat hostscocktail hourprivate porchperfect locationbeach chairsour honeymoonhard boiled eggs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We had never stayed at a B&B before and was a little hesitant at first. After getting there and checking in I felt much, much better. You couldn't ask for a better staff. Jorge that checked us in was so nice and helpful and Tom (the owner) was also nice. They told us some good places to eat and visit. It is right off Duval but it is so quiet. When we go back to Key West we will be staying here again!:)

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Andrews Inn this last weekend and had a blast!! The staff of the hotel are wonderfully warm, are overwhelmingly accomodating and have fantastic suggestions. Also, the hotel has bikes you can rent for your stay as a car in Key West is not just unecessary but unadvised. Leisurely strolls are the way to go!! The location cannot be beat. It is a little hard to spot at first but once you are there it is close- but not too close- to the Duval St. nightlife. Also, you are right next door to the Hemmingway house and there are cats that visit the outdoor portion of the property like it is thier home. Too cute! The hotel is also very close to Southernmost Point.

Free breakfast and free happy hour make me a happy guest. You truly feel welcome in this cute B&B. Rooms are small but we weren't in our room long enough to be bothered by that.

All in all, I would definetly recommend this hotel! We had the Paris room which did not have a balconey but did have a nice view of the pool.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessica1515
rascalkw, Owner at Andrews Inn and Garden Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Thanks for all the kind words... we are thrilled you enjoyed your time in Key West and the Andrews Inn. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed 31 March 2012

This is our sixth trip to Key West for a 2 to 4 day stay and this is now our go to location. One has to drive up a short uninviting entrance road but once there all is good. Only half a block off of Duval but you would never know it once there. Just delightful with wonderful and gracious owners.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed at the Eyebrow House for 4 nights and found the location to be SO convenient but all I wanted was a good nights sleep. I can put up with a lot at a hotel/B&B - including cleanliness and decor, but if I don't get that sleep, especially for the amount of money paid at Eyebrow, then I will take off stars and probably won't return. As per the description, Eyebrow House is very spacious and offers the entire lower floor of a heritage house that is about 2 blocks away from the main Andrews Inn. We were greeted by a fairly strong musty smell which did fade away as one got used to it, but it might be a problem for those with allergies. It may be due to the overstuffed furniture in the living room which may not be appropriate in humid FLA conditions. The kitchen was well appointed and the back deck/patio was quite enjoyable and lovely. I also liked all the ceiling fans. My husband and I doubted that the one bed, called a queen, was a regulation queen-size, however. It was narrower than our queen at home. I ended up having to create a make-shift sleeping arrangement in the dining room with the pull out bed's mattress on the floor, due to hubbie's cold-related snoring and that would have been OK, but the guests in the lower Eyebrow suite are at the mercy of the people above them in the Treetop suite. If the Treetops people are up until midnight, then you will hear "clump, clump, clump" as they walk around or drop things above. That is the nature of being in an older house, but irritating late at night. One morning we had to get up early to catch the ferry to Tortugas and that happened to be the night guests above us in Treetops decided to do their laundry until 10:45 pm at night. The laundry room is on the lower level, right outside our dining room. I spoke to them twice and emailed the inn owners but to no avail that night. I even tried phoning the owners but didn't get an answer...(In fact we never even met the owners the whole time we were there.) There really ought to be a policy on laundry use hours at the house.
For anyone sensitive to noise, it's pretty much ongoing in this location. I booked the place 4 months in advance but sadly that wasn't enough advance notice to get the upper floor. Also it might be quieter to stay in the Inn proper because the house front door is only about 15 feet from the street and I heard a number of Harleys chugging and accelerating on the street late into the night. The Inn is set back more from the road. One last thing that we found a bit confusing was the status of the breakfast. For $259 a night, breakfast is not really included for guests at Eyebrow - it has its own kitchen and it is a bit of a walk to partake in the food offerings. When I asked Jorge at check-in, he said we were welcome to eat the breakfast, but there wasn't enough sitting room. Yet we were invited to the Happy Hour which is in the same location around the pool in the afternoon. So as I said, a bit confusing and we didn't really feel welcome, so didn't go.
He was very prompt in supplying us with coffee filters when I asked though. Blackfin Bistro was a block away and the dinner on the patio was the highlight of my stay in Key West! For the money spent, I would probably go back to Almond Tree Inn again, a place we stayed 4 years ago.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank natureniche

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of our Eyebrow House Suite. We are glad you enjoyed the convenient location and spaciousness of this unit.

The Eyebrow House, with its full kitchen, living-room, and private deck with jacuzzi, is a great choice for people who are traveling with children or pets or for those who enjoy spending more time at home in the unit. It is not a bed and breakfast, however, and although this is stated on our website, guests often ask about breakfast when they check in. While we would love to accommodate all our guests for breakfast, this is not always possible because of the limited dining space we have at the main inn. In this case we did offer the guest the opportunity to join us for breakfast, and simply noted that it may be slightly crowded. We apologize for any confusion over this policy and want to assure readers that all guests are welcome for happy hour since there is plenty of room to lounge around the pool with a drink.

The bed at the Eyebrow House is a queen-size bed and we would never try to represent a full bed as a queen bed. For those who prefer a larger bed, we have several units with a king bed including our Mango Hideaway. Another added feature at the Eyebrow House is guest laundry and we have never had a problem with other guests sharing it. It sounds like we had some late-night guests staying upstairs while you prefer early lights out and this was an unfortunate combination. It is very unusual for the Treetop guests to bother the people staying in the Eyebrow House below, but it is something to consider if you go to bed early and are a light sleeper. Even though the house is on a quiet side-street, it is impossible to control occasional intermittent noise, including roosters.
Our staff is always available to help work through problems like you described and our owners are usually on-location at least four days a week. We also post an after-hours number that we answer 24-hours a day, which is much better than email when you need a quick response. As this was also our family's Spring Break, we were out of town,and thus unable to personally respond to your issues . However, Jorge is empowered to make any and all decisions that will resolve any guest issue. Please be assured that we are never satisfied until our guests are satisfied and we will go out of our way to address their concerns.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

A friend told me you HAVE to stay at Andrew's Inn when you are in Key West and she was right!! The location is amazing as it is convenient to Duval Street but far enough away that you can enjoy the peacefulness of your surroundings. The rooms are comfortable, clean and quiet. The staff is amazing and offer excellent suggestions. Breakfast and Happy Hour by the pool is a great way to start and end the day! I look forward to my return!!! CHEERS!!

Room Tip: I can not recall the name of the room but ask about the upstairs room with a small balcony overlooking Hemmingway's garden.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple