“Our favorite place to stay”

Andrews Inn and Garden Cottages
Ranked #25 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Griswold, Ct.
“Our favorite place to stay”
Reviewed 10 March 2009

We have stayed in 3 of the 6 rooms at Andrews Inn,all the rooms have their own island style.We will be going back for Fantasy fest and staying in a different room over looking Hemmingways musem.The rooms are clean,and nicely decorated.We love Jorge who looks after everyones need,even filling my wine glass up for happy hour....which last longer than an hour!He also books any reservations you want and will order food in for you if you ask.The location is right off duval street,convienent,but quiet.The pool area is small but you quickly forget you are in a city because it quiet and private.All the guest return at 4:00 for happy hour,and we have meet alot of nice people..even getting together for dinner or bar hopping.Looking forward to going back for mother's Day and Fantasy Fest!!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
West Palm Beach
Reviewed 25 February 2009

Recently stayed at Andrews Inn for a long weekend getaway. Stayed in the Paris room and was as comfortable as could be! The staff was wonderful, room perfectly clean, location great - right on Duval and the quieter section so it was nice. Cannot say enough good about Andrews Inn. We are Floridians (in West Palm Beach) and go to Key West a few times a year - will be staying there again for sure:)

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
McDonough, GA
Reviewed 20 February 2009

Andrews Inn is one of the best places I have ever stayed! The location is perfect. You are pretty much at the mid-way point of Duval so you can easily walk to either end. But you are far enough removed from the craziness that is is very quiet and private. The room was very clean and comfortable. I loved lounging around the pool and on the deck. You would never know you were in the middle of Key West, the garden is absolutely gorgeous!! The folks that work there are just delightful and go out of their way to make you stay perfect. My husband left some t-shirts we had purchased at a little bar across Duval St and figured they were gone for good. We sent an email to Andrews Inn on the off chance they might go retrive them and mail them to us and guess what? They did!!! Now that's service. Plus, their rates are excellent. We will definitely be back. I highly recommend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 30 January 2009

I enjoy planning trips, and since this was our honeymoon I spent literally hours researching places to stay in Key West. And while many of the KW inns do sound nice, the Andrews Inn was definitely the perfect place for us! We wanted the privacy of our own place while we were there, but we also wanted to experience the B&B feel that so many of the inns have in KW, and the Andrews Inn was ideal. We stayed in the Mango Hideaway (since the Treetop was booked), and we called it the Honeymoon Hideaway! We had our privacy, but we could also have breakfast and drinks by the pool at the inn. We also wanted a jacuzzi, and it made our stay absolutely perfect too! After long days of sightseeing, coming back to that was great! (And it was very romantic along with the two-person shower!) The location was spot-on too. We were within perfect walking distance to everything, yet felt "tucked away" and like locals. Sure, the parking can be an issue, but once you're parked you won't have to move your car again. Jorge was very nice and helpful, and so were the other employees we encountered. And after our stay in Key West we then went on a cruise, and while we enjoyed it too we really wished we would have just put the money into a longer stay at the Andrews Inn. We loved it and KW that much! We can't wait to get back sometime and plan on trying the Treetop the next time! (Oh, how I wish I were there right now!)

• Liked — Everything, but the jacuzzi, shower, privacy, and location were our favorites!
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ACoolJeweledMoon
Deerfield Beach, FL
Reviewed 23 January 2009

My wife and I celebrated our 30th anniversary in Key West by staying 3 nights in the Andrew's Inn "Tree House". We've stayed in other places in Key West over the years, but this is by far the best of the best of the Duval Street B&Bs. The Tree House was exceptionally clean and spacious and we enjoyed the privacy of the outdoor deck. In addition, compared to some of the snotty innkeepers we've encountered in Key West in the past, the Andrew's Inn staff, as well as Tom the owner, were both helpful and courteous. The Tree House is located on the top floor of another cottage called the "Eyebrow House", which is on Olivia St. on the opposite side of Duval from the Andrew's Inn office. The only drawback to this cottage is the parking, which is all on-street, but we found a spot easily upon arrival and since we didn't plan on driving anywhere during our stay, this was not a problem. Having read the review of the person who was robbed while staying in an Andrew's Inn cottage, I can only mention that our cottage had an in-room safe. Maybe this is a new amenity so I thought I would mention it here. The neighborhood in this area is about like all of the neighborhoods that flank Duval Street. We were out and about until quite late every night - usually until after midnight, and we did not feel uncomfortable at all.

• Liked — Privacy, cleanliness, proximity to activities
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
key west
Reviewed 3 January 2009

As a resident of Key West I constantly have friends and family down for visits. I used to spend hours trying to find the right place for them until I started sending them to Andrews Inn. It has the best of everything.

The location is a half block off Duval Street but feels like you are in the middle of of lush tropical forest (no street noise at all). It is by all the attractions including the Hemingway house, which is next door (look for the 6 toed Hemingway cats on their property).

The rooms are fabulous. I have now seen most of them and each one is beutiful and unique. This includes their off-site cottages which are bigger and great when I have large groups in town.

The property as I said is beautiful and lush. The pool is not very big which makes it feel like it is exclusivly yours. They serve a great complimentary breakfast each morning and a free cocktail hour in the afternoon.

The best thing about this property is the staff. Even though I consider myself an expert on Key West, my guests tell me how George or Tom set them up with great things to do on and off the island that I didn't even know about. And unlike a lot of the properties my guests have stayed at, the Andrews Inn staff is always kind, curteous and extreemly helpful.

The only problem I have is that they book up fast and are somtimes sold out, so try to book early.

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — hard to find availablity
  • Stayed October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ljcdive
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 November 2008

My husband I and our dog (a great dane) stayed here for Fantasy Fest 2008. We had a great time and enjoyed the property. Mango hideaway is actually located on Center st. so you have to walk to the Breakfast and Happy hour at the main inn across Duval. But I don't mind the walk. The pet fee was only $10 a night which is great and of course we would have loved to had a bigger place, but for our budget it was great. We loved the outdoor patio, loved eating outside under the palm trees. Really wish the jacuzzi had not been broken, that kinda sucked. But it rained alot when we went so we wouldn't have gotten in anyways. The shower in this place is great, it's huge. But the fridge is small so if you like to drink alot of beer etc. and have food cold, do bring a cooler to put the drinks in. Only get ice and water from the CVS down the street. We got some from the deli&grocery store on duval and it was very expensive. Also bring a little fan cause it will help with the circulation of air in your room, if you get hot easily; ya know a hair dryer in the bathroom gets very hot. The owner's are great and loved the homemade butter spreads at breakfast, yummy. Loved hanging at happy hour with our dog and talking to all the other guests and their dogs. The inn is really tucked away so look hard when driving in. When you are on Truman and pass Duval take a right onto a little gravel road and look to the end of this road pass the little houses and you will see the entrance to the inn. Yeah I passed it the first try. This place is on the quieter part of Duval which is nice but you do have to walk to get to the main action, I love to walk so I don't mind. Also it is a pretty nice area, alot of other rentals right there and only a couple of run down homes around. This is every where in Key west though, I have stayed on Center st. three times now and have never felt unsafe. Also if you have a dog, walk down Center st. to the church to go to the bathroom. Not St. Mary's that is on Truman. St. Peter's Episcopal Church is on Center st. and has grass in their parking lot. There is not much grass in Key West. Had a great time staying here and would do it again, thanks to the inn for just a great time.

• Liked — Pet friendly, nice staff, location, breakfast and Happy hour
  • Disliked — jacuzzi not working, wish there was a lock to the outdoor patio
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business