“andrews inn was a quiet retreat with easy access to the excitment of duval street” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Andrews Inn and Garden Cottages

Andrews Inn and Garden Cottages
Ranked #23 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2009

My husband and I stayed at Andrews Inn (malaga) July 21st through july 23rd. andrews inn was a beautiful hidden oasis literally steps to duval street. We found our room and the property to be spacious and clean. I was very pleasently surprised how quiet it was despite the close proximity to duval street. the inn keeper recommended a sunset snorkel trip, called and made reservations for us and gave us a discount coupon for the trip. they also offered free wifi to all their guests. I would recommend andrews inn to anyone!! we'll be sure to stay with them again!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lez_n_ian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2009

This was our first time staying at Andrews Inn, but it will certainly not be our last. The staff is fabulous and have thought of every detail to ensure that their guests have a memorable stay. The gorgeous courtyard provides a intimate retreat steps from Duval Street which beckons the guest to mingle and feast on an amazing breakfast spread enjoy a daily happy hour. We highly recommend this beautiful Inn!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Columbia, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2009

This was our 4th stay at the Andrews Inn. We keep coming back because of the location and the service of the friendly staff. Just a few steps off Duval but very
quiet and serene with a small pool for relaxing, afternoon cocktails and breakfast
are included. They now have their very own charter boat which we took advantage
of. Their guide, Alma, is a dolphin expert and extemely knowlegable. She took us
snorkeling to see sting rays, a sleeping nurse shark, and many dolphin swimming
and playing in the wild. The rooms are all different but each unique as they are part
of an old house. We stayed in the Roma room which has a King size bed and a little
porch, which we love. Jorge and Tom can tell you anything you want to know about
restaurants, the beaches, renting cars or any other transportation. They have bikes
for rent on property which we used to go to Smathers Beach one day. We would not
think of staying anywhere else in Key West and they also have cottages with kitchen
if you plan on staying for and extended period of time.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Royal Oak, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2009

We have stayed at the Treetop Studio for the last six years and it has become our home-away-from-home (at least for one week out of the year). The private second-floor balcony is very inviting, a great way to start the day over a leisurely breakfast in a lovely tropical setting. The outdoor Jacuzzi is a real treat after a day of shopping and biking and a great way to end the day relaxing under the stars. Even though the apartment is within walking distance of all the Duval Street attractions, biking is the best way to get around the rest of the island. We bike to the beaches, parks, grocery stores and Garrison Bight, where we go fishing on Captain John’s Greyhound and bring the catch back for a late afternoon fish fry. When we rent our bikes from the Andrew’s Inn, the bikes and keys are waiting for us in the apartment when we arrive.
The Treetop is ideal for us but what really makes our vacation perfect is the staff. Jorge, Blanch and Martin are the most accommodating, friendliest and helpful staff you will meet anywhere. Jorge always handles all of our arrangements to perfection in a very professional manner. However, it is his easy laugh and outgoing personality that really sets him apart. Everyone assists you in any way they can, usually going well beyond what is expected. On our last trip I off-handily mentioned to Blanch how beautiful the bougainvillea vine was he was trimming and he said he would send a bouquet over with Martin. Martin, our housekeeper, and his dog Fluffy, the sweetest scooter-riding dog on the island, delivered an absolutely beautiful large vase of flowers to our room. What a wonderful surprise when we came back! This is just one example that portrays how special the Andrew’s Inn staff makes their guests feel, there are many others too numerous to mention.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Deerfield Beach, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2009

Wow...I am so glad that I chose Andrews Inn to stay for our five day vacation. This place gives you the ultimate relaxation and enjoyment. We stayed in the smallest room, but to me was the best. Our door opened right to the pool and every morning our table just outside our room was set and ready for a great breakfast! The happy hour every day is also a great plus! It brings all the fellow vacationers staying there out of their rooms to socialize and enjoy. The staff was great as well. The location was great...set just off Duval so it was nice and quiet. We plan on staying here the next time we visit Key West. Loved it!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Riverside, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2009

Memorial Weekend in Key West must be planned in advanced. That's what I did, I called about mid April to arrange a one night stay at Andrew's Inn for May 23d. They never sent me an e-mail confirmation,as they promised.I initially made no big deal about, but that e-mail would have made a world of a difference. The room was paid for and I taught I could just call to confirm. Well, I called to confirm my stay today, May 14, to prepare for next weekend's vacation, which I was looking forward too. What a disappointment. They lied about the e-mail confirmation, saying that they sent it. WAKE UP, if it did not go through ANDREW'S INN you would have received a failure to deliver notice !!! All you had to do was call me. Then MORE lying by the owner TOM, He said it was booked for April the 23rd and that I was a no show. I asked him if it occurred to him to call me at all. Would anyone just blow $161.00 on a one night stay??? Then the TRUTH comes out, he said that they only accept three day minimum. Well, if that was the case I would have never been booked! SO, my Theory is that they found someone else to stay longer and booted me out!!! Andrew's Inn owners are rude, inconsideration and money hungry! I took the time to research and book in advance, took a day of from work, only to have my vacation ruined!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a great deal, Andrew's Inn employees and owners. How many more mistakes can you make!!!!! ANYONE WISHING TO STAY THERE BETTER TRIPLE CHECK THAT THEY ARE NOT FOOLING WITH YOU! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Crystal83
rascalkw, Owner at Andrews Inn and Garden Cottages, responded to this review, 18 May 2009
Andrews Inn has not built its solid reputation by lying and misleading our customers. Obviously, we regret that an unfortunate misunderstanding occurred with this reservation, but these situations are very rare and would have been easily avoided by better communication. Since it is always possible that dates are not communicated properly during a telephone conversation, our policy of confirming all reservations in writing is designed specifically to avoid situations like this. It is, in fact, a very big deal to us even if you chose to make no big deal of it. If your communication with us about not receiving a confirmation was more forthcoming, we would have done anything in our power to correct any mistakes that were made. Memorial Day weekend is a very busy time for us and we have no need to engage in the unsavory business practices you are accusing us of. It is unfortunate for both of us that the process broke down, but your theory that we intentionally singled you out to take advantage of is completely unjustified. A rude, money-hungry innkeeper would have kept your money in order to compensate for the revenue that was lost through this misunderstanding. Your money was completely refunded and we offered to help you find another hotel. A more level-headed approach will always help to resolve your issues. We hope you had a nice vacation elsewhere.
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2009

Room was good size and had a walk in closet, but the room had no table and chairs. The mini snack area had a coffee maker, microwave, fridge and sink. I liked the room safe, but the patio gate and room door had no interior security latch. The bath was large with walk-in shower, but no counter space. I liked the windows for light, but the bathroom windows needed more than blinds for privacy.
The patio with hot tub was large, but the air conditioner exhausted to the patio so I had to turn it off to use the patio. The hot tub was clean and plenty hot – perfect for after a day at the beach or walking back to the room from sunset celebration or a sunset cruise.
I shipped some things to myself c/o the inn and the box was in the room on my arrival, which I thought was a nice touch.
Location was good, but I would like to be a little closer to the harbor and Mallory Square.
Housekeeping was friendly and consistent. The housekeeper startled me twice by starting work early on the patio without my knowledge.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo