“Very Knowledgeable”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very Knowledgeable”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We had such a grand time on the tour. Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor! We will defiantly do another tour, on our next visit to the Keys! He showed us several places that we had no idea were in the Keys. Great time!!!

Visited July 2013

Islamorada, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Thank you Andy for exceptional customer service and an amazing trip!”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We have visited Key West on many occasions whether for business, family outings or a chance to show off the beautiful Florida Keys to friends who visit. Each time, it was the professional, courteous service from Andy at Historic Tours of America that made all the difference. He is an indispensable, integral part of this company and I want to sing his praises here.

This trip was for our teenage son and a few friends. Their wish was to be "let loose" in Old Town as a small group and meet up with us later for our party. I called Andy from Historic Tours of America and asked about transportation options for both the boys and us (2 tired parents). He arranged everything! Train tickets (a hilarious, informative and memorable ride for all courtesy of our driver BJ), and options for the guys to roam the town unhindered.

Off my teen entourage went to Five Guys (cool soda machine to concoct your own unique flavor and the burgers are incredible! a hot pepper sauce tasting-bring your own wings! perusing the Aquarium, Turtle Kraals Museum-never been before-- and Ripley's Believe it or Not. As "locals" we've been to some of these places but after an afternoon swim and mock-tails at Dante's (complete with dance contest, the boys tumbled in to meet up with us at a favorite ice cream parlor (Fourth of July on White Street-part of the Mathessen's chain?) for fabulous frozen creations and our rendition of Happy Birthday. :)

Key West is known for the "Duval Crawl" with an adult atmosphere but we were never concerned for the boys safety. Everyone was pleasant to them, helpful with directions, and the boys got to experience some independence, blow off some steam and satisfy curiosities-(I did hear all about "the man who offered dirty jokes for $1.00" - fortunately, the guys were way too frugal) All in all our day was a complete success!

I can tell you that I couldn't have done it without Andy's help. We have called on him a few times in the past for adult fun but teens are notoriously difficult to please so this time was a stretch Everything ran amazingly and we drove home with 6 smiling, suntanned, barefoot 16 year olds fast asleep in the back of our car!

Heads up, Andy! We are looking for a haunted weekend before FantasyFest!!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank meganoneillrn
Angola, Indiana
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Great Way to See Key West”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We had companion who could not walk far so we decided to try this tour to view the area and allow us to hop on and off at various points thru out the city. Our driver "Dr Phil" was informative and humorous. We enjoyed this way of traveling about. We did not have any issues with the trolley being to full to board. We had chosen to stop at Southernmost point for lunch. We needed to get back to the HIstoric Seaport Area for some of our travelors who needed to check in with the Key West Express by 3:00. We arrived at our boarding spot at 1:55, the trolley showed up at 2:20. We got as far as Mallory Square at 3:08. Two of our group hopped off there to "run" to the ferry. They were bummed as they arrived at 3:15 which put them into the last group for boarding. Then we had to reconnect with the gal who wasn't able to walk far. Kind of put a damper on the final leg of their visit. So if you need to get from upper duval to lower duval in the afternoon, be aware that you need to put a cushion in to account for the increased traffic and volume of folks using the trolley.

Visited January 2013
Islamorada, Florida, United States
“Amazing way to see this gem of a city!!”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

While we lived in the Keys for 6 years, we often do not do "touristy" things unless we have company.
Recently, I planned a day trip for my mom and I to Key West. Walking is cumbersome for my mom so I thought a trolley tour would be perfect-it was!
I called Andy to explain my wishes and he was above and beyond informative and accommodating.
Our guide Luis who is a native Conch took us on an amazing tour of Key west and pointed out things that I admittedly have driven by but never knew the merits of.
To see Key West in this way is an evident reminder that the Conch Republic is far and above more than a "drinking" town. It is alive with history and quirky facts that make it a unique place to visit. Thank you, Andy for understanding our needs. My mom had an awesome time and still talks about our trip-and when we're coming back!!

Visited March 2012