“Excellent Dive Operator”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent Dive Operator”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Did a two tank morning trip out to the Vandenburg. Chose Finz because of their small 6 pack boat unlike all of the other cattle boats on Key West.

Only a total of four divers on this trip. They leave an hour earlier to than other dive ops so our first dive was completely to ourselves. They have a dive master in the water with you but allowed us to decide what we wanted to see and do.

Levi and Mac were awesome. Fun, very informative and helpful.

If you want personalized service on a small boat come here.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Brian2190

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fabulous dive! Loved it!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I had a great dive! I went with friends for a dive/snorkel trip. Levi and Mack showed us a great time. After arriving at our original destination and realizing that the visibility was poor, they were quick to continue to another reef with excellent visibility and sea life. We saw an eel, barracuda, a massive Goliath grouper, and lots of other various beautiful fish and coral. I felt completely safe the entire time. Levi even had some conditioner I could put on my hair after the dive. Full service! I loved my day, and I can't thank them enough:)

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Experiences and Great Dive Sites!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My Father and I were making a dive trip through the keys for a week and decided to dive Key West for 2 days. We gave Finz Dive Center a shot and we were not disappointed. On our first day we had Levi and Mack, and on our second day Robert and Molly. Both sets were great and provided very friendly service. I would definitely suggest Finz to follow divers. Read below for more info.

A little about the company first. They are a relatively new dive center that has a younger staff with the average age in the upper 20's (or around there). They all were passionate about diving and were up to par with what a PADI dive guide should be. Their boat was smaller than others, but way faster. I tend to prefer smaller because it most likely means smaller groups. Both times we dove with Finz we were lucky enough to have the boat all to ourselves.

The costs were based on the prices listed on their websites and we were charged exactly that plus Tip. Also before leaving the dock on every dive trip a standard safety talk was giving about diving and about the boat. They boat's captain also helped resetting up the equipment in-between dives and helping us in and out of the water.

The first day we dove the Vandenberg wreck for both of our dives. The wreck is awesome and I suggest diving it if you find yourself in Key West. Before the dive, Mack went through a standard safety talk and made sure we had checked our gear for any failures before we started the dive. The first dive had a Max TD of 112' with a time of 40" and the second had a Max TD of 101' with a time of 41" (1:10 Surface Int.). Both dives were limited for safety (NDC Limit etc.) and not because they wanted to make a quick dive.

The second day of we dove some reefs. The first reef was good with some minor visibility, but the second reef was full of sea life and because of the depth of the reef made for a nice long dive. On the second dive at about the 50" mark, Molly our guide had some regulator problems and needed to end her dive a little bit sooner. She signaled to my father and I to stay together and showed us the boat line so that we could continue to dive the area on our own. The result was a nice long dive that lasted 82" at a Max TD of 24', and our first dive was 52" with a Max TD of 70'. If we were not comfortable with continuing without Molly we could have surfaced and still had a nice dive, but since we were comfortable we continued our dive.

Im not sure about the other lower ratings posted here, but our experience was the opposite. In the end PADI courses teach you that you are responsible for yourself and you are the on that agrees on a price before you dive. Those people with negative reviews of Finz should take responsibility for some of their situations and not take it out on the dive company.

1 Thank Kent W
Ft myers
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“RIPOFF”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

After agreeing with the owner that we could pay in cash, he never returned my $500 deposit , leaving me no choice but to dispute the charges with American Express!

3 Thank ScubaTra
Robert T, Owner at FINZ Dive Center, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
After reading all three reviews from your group, I feel the need to address some of your comments.
I did send an email that indicated the full price of the three days you reserved. The price quoted is the price of the full-service dive experience you requested and received.
Your group chose not to dive on the third day and you were not charged for it, however, your feedback from the first day was very positive and everyone said they enjoyed the day.
At Finz we strive to offer an informative and enjoyable diving experience. Our goal is to promote safe diving by educating our clients and providing excellent customer service.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Best diving experience since Bonnair”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Knowledgable, professional, helpful! Very private personal service, just the two of us, these guys were the greatest. Levi, Mac and Molly took us on dives that other boats didn't and when we did do a dive that we had seen with another group we saw so much more with them. Not your typical "churn and burn" charter. We wish we would have scheduled our whole week with just them instead of just two days.