“EPIC GRAND SLAM!!!!!!”

Discretion Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Discretion Sportfishing has a NEW boat! "The Helm." Let Captain Mike Helm and 1st Mate Justin Helm take you fishing in comfort on our Custom 43' Fishing Machine. ICE COLD Air Conditioned Cabin, Clean Head and Extra Large Fishing Area.
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have been out with Discretion several times and they never disappoint. However, this last trip was incredible! When we left the dock in the morning the goal of the day was to find sailfish, and they did just that. After we landed two nice SAILS, Captain Mike asked us if we wanted to change things up and go for some other species. Justin changed up the entire boat and in no time we landed a 20lb MAHI. Next came three fat BLACKFIN TUNA. We thought about heading in, super happy with our day. But with true quintessential fisherman reasoning, Mike and Justin insisted on 'just one more pass...' The last fish of the day was an awesome WAHOO right at sunset! What are the odds?!?!? My first sailfish, and an epic pelagic GRAND SLAM!!! This was truly the trip of a lifetime. Even in the moments between catching fish, it was really cool just talking to Mike and Justin. Their love for what they do is apparent, and really adds to being out on the water with them. I don't know who was more excited about my grand slam... Can't wait to go out with them again. We have a saying in Key West, 'You can go fishing with anyone. If you want to go catching, go with Discretion!'

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I had the chance to go out with these guys in January and had a complete blast. Mike is extremely experienced captain and Justin is very helpful to beginners. I was lucky enough to land my first Sailfish and can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Jake S
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This fishing trip was one on the bucket list. These guys fish hard. We enjoyed our catch of Wahoo, and reeling in a big one, and other fish. One word: Awesome!
Your quest to find fish and reel them in made our bucket list get shorter. We will be back next year, adding Discretion Sportfishing back on our list!
Jimmy and Donna Maes

1  Thank DonnaMaes
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My husband & I were in KW for New Year's week & went fishing with Captain Mike & Justin on 2separate days--that's how great it was! First day was a bit choppy, but we still got Mahi & had a sailfish on--besides a bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!! Honestly, even with the chop, it was a good day. Captain Mike & Mate Justin are consummate professionals. We went out again 2days later and caught 3mahi, 2wahoo & had 2 sails on. Back at the dock, we drew a crowd while Justin fileted the fish! We already booked hotel for our next trip, calling Discretion Sportfishing will be our next call!

1  Thank WannaEscapeFromNY
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Amazing fishing trip with the Discretion crew. We caught 4 different species (including a sailfish) and we were busy the whole time. Very friendly and knowledgeable crew, they put to shame our previous fishing trip in the Keys. I highly recommend captain Mike and mate Justin

1  Thank Alexandre M