I honestly did not know what to expect out of this hotel. I normally stay in large chain hotels, not boutiques, and you never know what you'll get. We went to Key West Memorial Day weekend and were only staying four nights, so we wanted something affordable and did not want to rent a car. Pegasus is in a PERFECT location--right off Duval street. For the affordable price, it was hard to believe what a great spot it's in! The lobby is small, but the room we had was a really decent size. There were 4 of us staying and our room had two double beds. It was more than spacious for 4 people AND everything looked brand new! Dark hardwood flooring, new headboards, beds, furniture, tv, wall paint. It was so fantastic! The bathroom is a bit small, however the shower is roomy and it's not a hassle to get in and out of. The room was solidly soundproof, too, and we never heard anything from our neighbors or outside. Breakfast is typical continental and they have a Nespresso machine, which makes amazing coffee! Another plus about the location is that right next door is a walgreens, pizza place, and coffee shop, so if you feel like staying in one day, you have everything you need at your fingertips!
This was a great hotel for this particular trip for us because we were hardly in the room and were out exploring around--and we didn't want to spend the majority of our money on where we slept, like an all exclusive resort this time around. I would recommend this hotel if you are planning a more laid back trip like this with more than 2 people, as it's a nice, affordable room in a great spot in Key West.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pegasus International Hotel is a charming Art Deco hotel located in the heart of Key West. Many activities, popular sites, restaurants, shopping, bars and clubs are within a short walking distance. Thirty newly renovated rooms offer modern comfort such as cable TV, phone with data port, free wireless internet, air conditioning, refrigerators, microwaves, and irons with ironing boards. Also, our rooftop sundeck with a heated outdoor pool and jacuzzi offers views of the bustling Southard and Duval Streets. Spice Lounge is the hotel’s onsite, poolside tapas bar featuring a unique Indian Tapas menu and excellent drink selection. Parking is available for all guests at a flat rate. Shuttles from the airport and ferry are also available upon request. Limited room service is also available from various local restaurants.Activities nearby include diving, snorkeling, fishing, city tours, golf, pirate tours and pub crawls, Dry Tortugas National Park, Fort Jefferson Ferry, The Key West Butterfly & Nature Conservatory, Key West Seaplane Adventures,Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, Sloppy Joe’s Bar, Mallory Square, Fort Zachary Taylor Beach, The Hemingway House, bars, nightlife, clubs, shopping, restaurants and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pegasus International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pegasus International Key West
- Hotel Pegasus International
- Pegasus International Hotel Key West, Florida