We rented the 2 Executive Suite rooms next to each other for a boys trip with 2 or 3 guys in each room per night. The rooms themselves were nice and clean and well decorated.
The location is great and the price is reasonable. Literally just steps from Duval St. and there's a Walgreen's, decent pizza joint and noodle shop right outside your door. We never used the pool or hot tub, but they looked decent and the deck was nice. The rooms we stayed in were on the opposite side of the property from Duval so no noise issues.
The shuttle driver from the airport was a pretty cool dude and one of the front desk girls was nice and cute and seemed to put up with our antics very well.
The downsides - each of our rooms had a single window unit A/C and even though it was set to 60 degrees and was blowing cold air the entire time, we were literally sweating in our rooms, even at night and even worse during the day. Granted it was July 4 weekend and boiling outside, but still these aren't large rooms. We didn't ask to change rooms or have them look at it because we were mostly too drunk to care, but just a warning.
Other negatives: The WiFi was terrible - I could get a couple different hotel networks in my room but both were pretty bad. They didn't seem to clean our rooms while we were there - this wasn't a huge deal because they did come ask if we needed fresh towels a couple times and maybe we were just in the rooms when housekeeping was going around. There was another front desk girl who wasn't friendly at all and seemed like she just wanted us gone.
All in all, if I went back to Key West I'd probably stay here again but definitely would ask for a room with better A/C.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pegasus International Hotel is a charming Art Deco hotel located in the heart of Key West. Many activities, popular sites, restaurants, shopping, bars and clubs are within a short walking distance. Thirty newly renovated rooms offer modern comfort such as cable TV, phone with data port, free wireless internet, air conditioning, refrigerators, microwaves, and irons with ironing boards. Also, our rooftop sundeck with a heated outdoor pool and jacuzzi offers views of the bustling Southard and Duval Streets. Spice Lounge is the hotel’s onsite, poolside tapas bar featuring a unique Indian Tapas menu and excellent drink selection. Parking is available for all guests at a flat rate. Shuttles from the airport and ferry are also available upon request. Limited room service is also available from various local restaurants.Activities nearby include diving, snorkeling, fishing, city tours, golf, pirate tours and pub crawls, Dry Tortugas National Park, Fort Jefferson Ferry, The Key West Butterfly & Nature Conservatory, Key West Seaplane Adventures,Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, Sloppy Joe’s Bar, Mallory Square, Fort Zachary Taylor Beach, The Hemingway House, bars, nightlife, clubs, shopping, restaurants and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Pegasus International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pegasus International Key West
- Hotel Pegasus International
- Pegasus International Hotel Key West, Florida