I have had the pleasure of staying at the Pegasus many times over several years. The (apparently) family owned hotel is a clean, well run, relaxing accomadation in the heart of Key West (old town). I am guessing built in the '30s and is similiar to the "art deco" hotels of S. Beach. Located just off Duval, midway between the touristry N. end and the Southernmost Point, and easily walking distance to anything and everything. While the rooms are not huge(who goes to K.W. to sit in a room?) they are quite well stocked with the amenities. There are micowaves and fridges, quiet, cool a.c.s, working tvs , etc.. In the rare instances where there was an issue, ie. low batteries in the remote, the problems were handled quickly and with a smile from by the friendly, effeceint staff. The majority of times I have stayed has been on business, the free wifi works everywhere, even on the deck(more later) and anything I have ever needed , fax, copies, etc. is available.
The deck. Fantastic. Offering an unparralled view of folks doing the "Duval crawl" as well as a rooftop heated pool and spa. A perfect place to enjoy a happy hour or evening cocktail or morning coffee, or both. Shaded tables or lounges for catching a tan or a nap.
A few steps out the door down to Duval and you are in the thick of it. I guess you can stay closer to the "action" but at the price, why would you. The Pegasus is a well kept secret (oops).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pegasus International Hotel is a charming Art Deco hotel located in the heart of Key West. Many activities, popular sites, restaurants, shopping, bars and clubs are within a short walking distance. Thirty newly renovated rooms offer modern comfort such as cable TV, phone with data port, free wireless internet, air conditioning, refrigerators, microwaves, and irons with ironing boards. Also, our rooftop sundeck with a heated outdoor pool and jacuzzi offers views of the bustling Southard and Duval Streets. Spice Lounge is the hotel’s onsite, poolside tapas bar featuring a unique Indian Tapas menu and excellent drink selection. Parking is available for all guests at a flat rate. Shuttles from the airport and ferry are also available upon request. Limited room service is also available from various local restaurants.Activities nearby include diving, snorkeling, fishing, city tours, golf, pirate tours and pub crawls, Dry Tortugas National Park, Fort Jefferson Ferry, The Key West Butterfly & Nature Conservatory, Key West Seaplane Adventures,Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, Sloppy Joe’s Bar, Mallory Square, Fort Zachary Taylor Beach, The Hemingway House, bars, nightlife, clubs, shopping, restaurants and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Pegasus International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pegasus International Key West
- Hotel Pegasus International
- Pegasus International Hotel Key West, Florida