“Thought it was Okay..til we left !!”
Review of La Te Da Hotel

La Te Da Hotel
Ranked #25 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed for 3 nights. Overall, not bad...location was good but the rooms are very small and old. So old in fact - the doors STILL USE KEYS !! And - had a chair in front of our room that some weird guy sat in all day long ( we could barely open our door to get out - that is how close this guy sat to our door!) But that wasn't the problem. The problem is that I left my bathing suit hanging in the armoire to dry after taking a swim. When we left to go home I forgot to open the doors of the armoire, thus leaving my bathing suit in the room. So we called when got home figuring they would say "YES, we found it in your room "and would enthusiastically offer to send it to us ( especially after spending $150.00 per night on the room) . But - I was wrong - They said they didn't have it ! So housekeeping must have stolen it, or, the person that housekeeping turned it into - stole it !If they are going to steal a bathing suit, imagine what else they might take when they clean the room!! Kinda scary ! So - obviously , I am not a fan of this place !! stay away and spend your money somewhere else !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Brian G

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Been coming here since 1980 - still charming and alluring but like an old dowager - needs some cosmetic surgery, Room had old dated furniture - 2 terribly uncomfortable chairs - large bathroom with very slippery marble to step on when you exit the jacuzzi tub. Mold on the tiles. Wifi does not work in the room "go outside and try it". Drapes had unusual bleach? spots on them. Needs serious exterior housekeeping - lots of filled ashtrays and empty wine bottles. The food - however - was excellent!! Breakfast is included - choice of 4 selections. Ate lunch and dinner there - large portions, our Polish waiter was excellent. Food well presented and tasty. Their postings on FB about the evening's entertainment were completely wrong so we missed the show. 6 tacky plastic blow up pool floats diminish the tropical atmosphere. Great location and away from the cruise travelers who swoop in like vultures and buy nothing but t shirts . Still, it is Key West and we will always go back.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room in the back away from the noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Becker1
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay at the La Te Da Hotel. The room was very clean and comfortable. Some of the furnishing could be upgraded (CRT TV) and the wireless was non-existent but these are minor quibbles (who watches TV in Key West anyway). The daily breakfast was delicious. We also enjoyed the piano bar and hanging out at the bar and pool. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bernsie01
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel with a large group of friends (14 of us) in August. The staff was so helpful and friendly, the rooms were older (as most hotels in Key West) but were clean and good sized. I loved the orientation of the rooms, as each one had quick access to the pool which is centrally located. Each room has its own sitting area right outside the room. Complimentary breakfast at the outdoor restaurant was delicious!! Great location (on the "mile marker 0" side of Duval), and just a 15 minute walk to Mallory Square. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I think upgrading to the "deluxe" room was worth it. A little bit larger and better access...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Planekate88
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed here Dec 2012 with a friend. There are definitely better places and better values in Key West. The best thing is the location- the quieter end of Duval. But there is still noise right outside your room due to the bar, and people going by to their rooms. There are also lots of stairs for the upper rooms. Our room had French doors for the entrance, but the curtains were pretty see-through, I didn't like that as passers-by could see the bed. The bathroom was also odd, although remodeled recently, it felt very cold and institutional; maybe it was the lighting. Whatever, it made me uncomfortable, whereas most hotels I've stayed in (even cheaper ones) have felt much nicer. I wouldn't stay here again, other places even in worse locations would be better overall.

Room Tip: Ask for one that doesn't have the entrance looking at the bed.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I just love this hotel. Far from ordinary and there is just a carefree feeling entering this charming place. I have stayed in Key West many times but this place is my favorite. Delightful food. Friendly staff that went out of their way to accommodate. We came right before a Hurricane hit and had to cut our trip short. The staff allowed us to stay in our room until we were ready to depart in the storm and did not charge us for the night we did not stay. I believe most hotels would have charged. My husband and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Marci T
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The La Te Da restaurant and bar wasn't bustling like I had seen in the past during my other stays in Key West (probably because of the time of year), but that was one of the reasons I thought it would be fun to stay there. That's not really a problem since there's no lack of either restaurants or bars down there! About the hotel itself...it is an older building but was clean. What was awkward is that there are two rooms (mine being one of them) that open right into the restaurant (which is outdoor with under-cover seating). So literally you could be in your bathing suit walking right past someone's table while they're eating a nice meal. The nice thing is that the room price includes a choice of breakfast items to choose from: eggs/meat/potatoes, french toast, fruit and yogurt. It also includes juice and coffee. Really good deal. Breakfast was very good. However, during one breakfast there was a black hair in the salt (they bring that in an open container on the side), so that was the last time we ate there. We had one dinner there. Portions were generous. I thought the drinks at the bar were pricey (common down there, but really, 2 gin and tonics for $19 + tip?). Both of the drag cabaret performers were on vacation, so no shows were on the schedule. The show I saw in the past was a lot of fun, so check that out if you go to Key West. The hotel is closer to the quiet end of Duval. We walked everywhere, so we got a lot of exercise. Bring comfortable shoes if you plan on going to the other end of Duval every day. The gentleman at the hotel check-in (Eric, I think) was very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't open into the restaurant
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends