“Very nice, very noisy”

Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
“Very nice, very noisy”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

It's a nice party hotel, but not for rest.
The piano bar is great, the tea party also great, good restaurant and bar, but youmust be in the party, because rest or sleep will be imposible at party/restaurant/bar time.
Don't take wrong, it is a really nice place, do your party here and sleep in other place...

Room Tip: avoid rooms near restaurant, very noisy
2 Thank ClaudioGustavo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 March 2014

First time staying in Key West and I know prices at alot of the hotels and inns are very high this time of year. The rates are reasonable here but I guess the old saying is true that you get what you pay for. We stayed in a poolside king room. The room was very small and very basic. I wasn't expecting luxury but was expecting to be comfortable and that was not the case. The rooms needs to be updated and renovated. The furnishings are very old and the walls are bare and drab. The A/C only goes to 70 and doesnt really keep the room and bathroom cool enough for my liking. The bathroom was very small and basic and again needs to updated. My biggest problem was the bed - they put those waterproof liners on them which makes sleeping to me very hot and uncomfortable. In addition, the sheets and duvet were tired and low quality (not 400 thread count as advertised or maybe there were 10 years ago). I liked the french doors that opened up to the pool area but there are visible openings to the outside on the doors allowing mosquitos to get through. The staff was great and loved the piano bar and outdoor dining area. Maybe other rooms were better but this one wasn't the greatest. I hope the new owner invests some money into restoring and renovation. This could be such a great place to stay - it does have the Key West charm and awesome location!

Room Tip: Maybe get the luxury rooms for better quality
4 Thank bmv1974
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I just adore this place and the people who make it so great. It's not perfect but if I wanted perfect I would of stayed at some snooty stuffy cookie-cutter hotel. La Te Da has everything wrapped up in this cozy little resort: nice rooms, clean pool, white linen cloth Al fresco dining with engaging service staff. The Sunday Tea Party was a blast! Gourmet breakfast. Delicious lunch reasonably priced. Two bars: one outside on Duval St. and a piano bar inside. I did not get a chance to see the Cabaret Show. Best part: location, location, location!!!

We had the room at the end of the pool, king size bed and private bath. Dated but clean! Included a refrigerator. The curtains were not room darkening and that caused a little bit of a problem falling asleep.

I have recommend this hotel to others and will return to stay on my next visit.
Thank you for your hospitality!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank vjv2007
ocracoke
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed at La Te Da for 5 nights and enjoyed it immensely. Lots of laughs and good interactions with all staff. One early morning as our group prepared to leave for the Dry Tortuga boat, I needed scissors for a tag on a new shirt. At 6:15 AM a lovely staff member told me "to wait right here" and I did. He returned with scissors and saved the day. Fine breakfasts included. Sitting every afternoon at the bar is the BEST place to enjoy a drink and people watch. Room was fine and the rates can't be beat--and right on Duval Street--perfection! Stay here, you won't be disaapointed!

Room Tip: we stayed upstairs in room 21, it was a bit loud late at night as it is above the bar but there is a...
1 Thank caffeineisgood
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Never stayed there but have had great breakfasts there over the past two years that we have visited Key West.

We have also had drinks in the bar and it is a great spot to watch the world pass by with a gin and tonic.

Service is excellent.

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I go to keywest every year for our anniversary and one of his friends recommended this hotel to us this time around. I cannot express to you how amazing it was. I think this is our new favorite spot. Seriously this little quaint bed and breakfast has everything you need all in one spot, so if you don't feel like ever leaving the hotel you don't have to! The rooms are beautiful and so quiet. It's adults only, so you don't have to worry about any noise. I know adults can make noise as well :) But at night it was so quiet and peaceful. Almost every night there is some sort of entertainment. Every night we were there, there was a man playing a guitar or singing at the piano. The ambiance was so relaxing. The hotel also has a restaurant that is by the pool and the food is really good!! There is also cabaret shows on certain nights as well. First night we got in, we were tired so we just ate at the bar and the food was delish. The entire staff is super friendly and honestly we checked in and never heard from them again. They actually treated us like responsible adults!!!! :) I will be staying here again!! Keep up the good work because you guys are doing something right!!!

Room Tip: we chose the second floor....you have no pedestrian traffic and you hear nothing! :)
3 Thank Bellabee32
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were in town for our anniversary and decided to stay here for a few nights. The front desk was very helpful and made us feel right at home. We payed extra for the deluxe room and were very pleased. The room was at the rear of the property and made for a private ambiance. We had drinks at the bar and the bartender Jason was perfect. The location was perfect for us because we found parking and rented an electric car from a place that is two blocks over. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple