“Great 2nd stay, thanks to new owners!”
Review of La Te Da Hotel

La Te Da Hotel
Ranked #26 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 17 April 2014

When we were ready to book our second annual spring girlfriend getaway, we were not going to go back to the LaTeDa (see first review), but we heard they had new owners so gave them another try.

Score! We were happy to hear the pool had been renovated. We booked the same room and were pleased that it also had been freshened up.

ALL the staff are professional and helpful, especially Eric. We had such an amazing five day vacation. The LaTeDa felt like coming home each evening. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, the piano bar before retiring, and especially liked the super fun Sunday afternoon 'tea party'.

This is an adult property, which is a must have while staying in Key West - IMHO. We love the location of the hotel also. We already booked the LaTeDa for our third annual spring girlfriend getaway!

Room Tip: We love #29 - location is away from people so it's quiet. Large room with two queen beds, huge j...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Islandsue

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in #20, second floor. The room was comfortable - would have liked a larger TV screen, a coffee maker in the room and a full length mirror. Thinking the tile in the remodeled shower wasn't installed properly, it didn't drain well. Loved the atmosphere and friendliness of the place. Didn't like the restaurant patio diners being seated so close to the pool - didn't use the pool as a result.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I had such a fabulous time at this hotel. Located at the southern end of Duval, convenient but away from the crazy. Very friendly and professional, comfortable atmosphere, a lot going on but never felt hectic. Indoor piano bar, outdoor bar, outdoor dining for all three meal periods, upstairs cabaret, lovely pool area. Loved my room because it was not modern or corporate in any way. Excellent bedding, very spacious suite with a porch. Every meal was well prepared. Loved, loved, loved all the staff. I would return to Ket West just to stay here. Felt like staying at a rich friends house with a full staff. Thank you all for a great trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ceejayny
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I go to Key West two or three times a year a year to visit my son. This is by far my favorite place, the only place I will stay. The staff are all great. The location can't be beat, and just generally love this place. Yes, it's old, but that's what you want on Duval in Key West. It's clean and the food is fantastic. In fact I'm going back in a couple of weeks. Fun, friendly, family atmosphere.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cindy S
Reviewed 31 March 2014

It's a nice party hotel, but not for rest.
The piano bar is great, the tea party also great, good restaurant and bar, but youmust be in the party, because rest or sleep will be imposible at party/restaurant/bar time.
Don't take wrong, it is a really nice place, do your party here and sleep in other place...

Room Tip: avoid rooms near restaurant, very noisy
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ClaudioGustavo
Reviewed 31 March 2014

First time staying in Key West and I know prices at alot of the hotels and inns are very high this time of year. The rates are reasonable here but I guess the old saying is true that you get what you pay for. We stayed in a poolside king room. The room was very small and very basic. I wasn't expecting luxury but was expecting to be comfortable and that was not the case. The rooms needs to be updated and renovated. The furnishings are very old and the walls are bare and drab. The A/C only goes to 70 and doesnt really keep the room and bathroom cool enough for my liking. The bathroom was very small and basic and again needs to updated. My biggest problem was the bed - they put those waterproof liners on them which makes sleeping to me very hot and uncomfortable. In addition, the sheets and duvet were tired and low quality (not 400 thread count as advertised or maybe there were 10 years ago). I liked the french doors that opened up to the pool area but there are visible openings to the outside on the doors allowing mosquitos to get through. The staff was great and loved the piano bar and outdoor dining area. Maybe other rooms were better but this one wasn't the greatest. I hope the new owner invests some money into restoring and renovation. This could be such a great place to stay - it does have the Key West charm and awesome location!

Room Tip: Maybe get the luxury rooms for better quality
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bmv1974
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I just adore this place and the people who make it so great. It's not perfect but if I wanted perfect I would of stayed at some snooty stuffy cookie-cutter hotel. La Te Da has everything wrapped up in this cozy little resort: nice rooms, clean pool, white linen cloth Al fresco dining with engaging service staff. The Sunday Tea Party was a blast! Gourmet breakfast. Delicious lunch reasonably priced. Two bars: one outside on Duval St. and a piano bar inside. I did not get a chance to see the Cabaret Show. Best part: location, location, location!!!

We had the room at the end of the pool, king size bed and private bath. Dated but clean! Included a refrigerator. The curtains were not room darkening and that caused a little bit of a problem falling asleep.

I have recommend this hotel to others and will return to stay on my next visit.
Thank you for your hospitality!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends