“Wonderful stay! ”
Review of La Te Da Hotel

La Te Da Hotel
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed one evening and it just wasn't enough!! The rooms have a romantic vibe with French doors that open to a view if the pool. Everything was very clean and inviting. The staff was ridiculously wonderful! Erick was so courteous and helpful!! I really can't remember the names of the other young men who helped us, but everyone was just wonderfully sweet and professional! I cannot wait to go back and enjoy all of the amenities they have to offer!!

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stopped in here three times while visiting Key West. Outdoor bar is fun/relaxing and bartenders Tonto and Robin are treasures. Food at restaurant is delicious and highly recommended. Didn't stay here or check out the show, but the atmosphere is very inviting. Hope to check that out next time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2014

So, I was not sure what to expect when I booked my stay at this hotel. ( I saw a lot of mixed reviews) But, I have to say it was quite enjoyable. The room I stayed in was clean and comfortable. It was a nice and quite place for a good peaceful get-a-way. Yes, even it being on Duval street it is far enough down that you miss all the noise, but close enough to walk where ever one would want to go. The food at the restaurant is really good and the waiters and bar staff were also really good. Overall, for the time I stayed there (7-1 to 7-6) was nothing more than a positive experience. It is a place I will go back to when I visit Key West again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed at the La Te Da with a friend for 3 nights a couple of weeks back. The hotel is housed in an old wooden building - exactly the type that one associates with Key West and at the "quiet" end of Duval Street. More or less the perfect location. I had heard reports that the hotel had ended up pretty dilapidated under a previous owner but that someone else had bought the property, retained the same staff and tidied up the place. There is no way of knowing what it was like before the apparent sprucing up but when I visited it was well painted and in good repair.

We requested a room with two beds of which there are few and the bad news was that our room had a perfect view of the walk-in fridge and freezer - and nothing else. That actually ended up being the good news too when it turned out to be surprisingly quiet and private (except for fairly constant staff traffic to and from the walk-ins) and on balance I would be happy to have the same room again in the future. It was pretty large with two double beds, ample floor space, a little private deck out the front (the freezer-view deck) and with the tub room and toilet separated by a sort of vanity space.

The wifi was free and worked very well. Breakfast was included in the tariff and while the choices were limited the morning staff were lovely especially in bringing me coffee when I was awake before anyone else had stirred. In fact all of the staff were good value - helpful and pleasant. Our stay included a Sunday night and we had a few drinks in the bar where that night's musical act was entertaining and clever (helped along by a wide song repertoire from the 60s, 70s and 80s).

My only criticism and it is a small one, is that there was no provision for making coffee and no fridge in the room. Given that the morning guys were so flexible in supplying early coffee it wasn't such a loss but I would still have liked to have a coffee maker available.

Overall, I really liked the hotel and will recommend it to friends and would stay there again if I come back to Key West.

Room Tip: There is a limited selection of rooms with 2 beds but the fridge-view room is quiet and worth consid...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jane E
Reviewed 18 July 2014

La Te Da is where we stayed on our first visit to Key West this summer and the only place we'll stay:) Staff is exceptional, professional and friendly .... Food is great, and rooms have unforgettable character:) Duval street is very walker friendly and much can be done by foot.....if visiting by car you must find a spot on the street which we were able to do, you can rent bikes and scooters everywhere....enjoy:)

Room Tip: Wi fi was not very strong so if this is important to you, you may want to ask lobby if room location...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Germaine A
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our stay wasn't long enough! We stayed in room #27, which was at the end of the pool & had it's own little porch. Eric and Chris were at the front desk during our stay. The entire staff & the owner, Chris were friendly, helpful & pleasant. Food was tasty, entertainment was great. We danced every nt. to the music of Dave Bootle, & don't miss the cabaret show.

Room Tip: room #27 has a shower only. plenty of room for 2 people & loved the front porch we sat on every...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank proudfootPa_
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our one year anniversary. Room 28 is a great size with a jacuzzi tub that fit both of us. The location of the hotel room is great for privacy, quietness, and romanticism. The hotel is not near all the hype so be prepared to walk 20 min down duval or catch a can if drinking. It is, however, close to the beach. The food her is outstanding, but the drinks at best are mediocre. The staff and bartenders are beyond helpful and friendly. The owner was there three out of the four days we were there and super friendly. The only changes I would make to this property is it needs more comfortable beds, concierge service (because there were nights we would rather if had good delivered to out room)and improvement km the quality if drinks. But nevertheless we would hands down stay at this property again due to the staff, food, and property cleanliness and beauty.

• Stayed: June 2014