“Enjoyed La Te Da”
Review of La Te Da Hotel

La Te Da Hotel
Ranked #25 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 20 June 2007

My boyfriend and I just got back from a two night stay at La Te Da. We really enjoyed the location of the hotel on the quiet end of Duval St. with boutique shops and art galleries right across the street. The staff was very friendly throughout our stay from the moment we arrived.

Our room was a standard king room which was at the back of the property on the second level. I would definitely want to stay in a second level room as it seemed more private than the rooms surrounding the pool. The room was large and clean with basic furnishings. I believe some of the more expensive rooms had better furniture and we may try one of those next time, but for this trip it was fine. The one thing that really needed updating was the bathroom. In some pictures on here it seemed the bathroom had been renovated, but not in ours. It reminded us of a public bathroom. Also, there is no central air, but the window A/C worked fine although it was loud.

The pool and courtyard of the property is very nice, and though we didn't use the pool this time, at most times we could have had the pool to ourselves. The breakfast, although limited in choices, was good and if we had stayed longer would have probably gone to the restaurant for dinner.

Even though the room could use updating, we will probably stay at the La Te Da again on our next visit to Key West. Two tips: you don't need to bring an alarm or have a wake-up call made: the roosters woke us up every day! Go to the Butterfly Conservatory which is a block away on Duval. It was our favorite tourist attraction we did there.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mateo1380

Reviewed 16 June 2007

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in May. I booked this hotel after reading all of the positive reviews on Travelocity. Boy, was I disappointed. Room was by the pool. Door didn't seal very well. When the wind blew all the leaves came in under the door. Floor tiles were cracked, loose and missing. Ugly rugs covered the floor. Furnature was old and worn. The room smelled of smoke. I hated going back there every night. If I had'nt paid for the room already I would have left. This was the most expensive place we stayed on our Key's vacation. It was'nt worth the money.
I could'nt wait to get home to write my review on Travelocity. I'm glad I found this web site. It helps to know what you are getting in a hotel.

Stayed: May 2007
3  Thank jeepher
Reviewed 16 June 2007

My boyfriend and I just returned from a 5 night stay at La Te Da. Although it is a mostly gay property, they were very accommodating to a straight couple. This was our first time to Key West and all of the staff at La Te Da were very helpful to us with tips and suggestions of things to do and see. The hotel is located at the "calm" end of Duval Street. Key West is very much a "party town" and we could hear the fun going on until late in the evening. It did not bother us, though. We highly recommend this clean, lovely, place for anyone to stay!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank poodlegirl777
Reviewed 2 June 2007

We just got back from a four night stay at La Te Da and we had a very nice time. We had a second floor "luxury" room in the back area of the property. The room seemed to be recently updated and the bed was very comfortable. The thing that made our visit an enjoyable stay was the staff and the other guests, everyone was very helpful and extremely friendly. The pool is very small with only a few lounge chairs available but it was never crowded. Having never been to KW, my husband and I did a lot of site seeing so we spent most afternoons out and about on the island. The food at the restaurant was very good and the drinks at the bar were great. The location was ideal for seeing the Old Town area of KW. The only thing that we noticed that needs improvement would be some of the regular maintenance such as painting banisters, tile work, etc. All in all, we had a great time.

1  Thank skinny74
Reviewed 22 May 2007

The best thing about La Te Da is the staff. From the time we arrived to the time we left every staff member we encountered was extremely friendly and more than helpful. They made our experience. The second best thing about La Te De was the restaurant. The food was amazing. We opted to order breakfast off of their menu instead of taking advantage of the free breakfast offered with the stay. That was our choice because they had so many wonderful choices. As well we had lunch, dinner and drinks. Everytime was better than the last. The rooms are very much like a B&B and have great charm. Unfortunately the small air conditioning units in the rooms are not sufficient to keep the room cool. The TV's have limited channels and do not always work. We never complained so maybe this is something they could have fixed. If you like B&B's this hotel is more than perfect!!!!!! If you prefer modern ammenties than you will be disappointed. For our next trip we will visit La Te Da for drinks and meals but will stay in a more modern hotel. It's not because La Te Da is a bad place to stay, It's because we like a more modern stay.

4  Thank trixieloulou
Reviewed 19 May 2007

This hotel used to be my most favorite in Key West. I used to stay there the MANY times that I went, however, this was the WORST EXPERIENCE that I could have possibly had. Because of a recent change in management, staff is absolutely dreadful. The rooms were extremely dirty and I actually saw bugs in the room, dirty linens, ring around the tub, a smell of mold in the room and terribly uncomfortable beds. There was a USED condom in one of the fake plants in my room. It was TOTALLY disgusting. We ate at the restaurant and the food was the worst I have EVER eaten in the Keys. I really don't think this place is going to last long the way they are operating now. Also, the Mexican bartender in the tiny little inside bar made a pass at me and it sickened me. I mentioned all of the above to the manager but it didn't seem to phase him. I felt only way to get restitution was to let fellow travellers know what an ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE PLACE THIS IS!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
4  Thank funky102
Reviewed 11 May 2007

We loved this hotel. We stayed for 4 nights and we couldn't fault it. The hotel is smart but laid back with a very social bar which has a singer and a pianist every night.

The rooms are all around the pool, restaurant and bar area so take your ear plugs if you want to get an early night, but the music usually stops at 12 and its so pleasant by the bar that you wouldn't want to anyway.

The staff are very friendly and made us feel so welcome giving us fabulous tips on what to do and see.

3 times a week they have a cabaret/ drag show on in the crystal rooms which are also in the hotel about 20$ a ticket, we saw Randy Roberts who was brilliant.

The pool is 24hrs which is lovely but we didn't take advantage of it really. The breakfasts are a choice of 3 things including a fabulous fruit cocktail with fresh yoghurt - yummy!

I would really recommend this hotel for a bit of a different type of stay.

6  Thank Sazzler