“Wonderful visit”
Review of Island House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Island House
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We arrived at the Island House and when checking in were offered an upgrade to a larger room that was available. We didn't even ask! The rooms are very nicely furnished and immaculate. The restaurant is just amazing. Great food at reasonable prices. We went out twice for meals and came back because the food here was really top notch. The strip in Key west has other LGBT friendly hotels but this one is super and it's quiet at night. Looking forward to returning again. Tom and Bernie

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bernie S

Reviewed 24 May 2012 via mobile

Love Island House!! Great Service, great staff, great accommodations!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Jmroark
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We have been visiting Key West for over 30 years, sometimes more than once a year, and have stayed at various gay guest houses and resorts. By far our best experience has been at Island House under its present owners.

Everything they provide is top-notch and state-of-the-art, and they provide everything! You don't need to leave the complex if you don't want to or don't feel like it, now that their cafe and bar are always open.

The only complaint I ever registered with Island House was that smoking was allowed in the cafe area, which is outdoors poolside, so probably not much of a concern to anyone not as sensitive to tobacco smoke as am I. But on my recent visit there (last month), I was pleased to see the no smoking signs (and lack of ashtrays) on all tables in the cafe area. Now I can even be assured of a pleasant dining experience at my favorite gay resort anywhere.

Room Tip: I have stayed in one of the top-of-the-line apartments, and I have stayed in one of the economy-leve...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank keywestb0b
Reviewed 23 May 2012

My friend and I went to Key West for a short trip while on vacation. I had been to Key West before and had a horrible time. So I told my friend if I ever return I had to stay at the Island House as I did not on my first trip. I must tell you staying there change my mind about visiting Key West. The staff was so wonderful and attentive to everyone needs. They made you feel so welcome that you really did not need to leave the resort as they had everything you need right their on property. The food was great and best of all FREE afternoon cocktails for their guest. They even upgraded my room and made my experience an awesome one. I cannot wait to go back and stay at this property. I recommend the Island House to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Intlman
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We have stayed at the Island House twice now. Both times the staff have gone out of their way to make our stay as pleasant and special as possible. Most recently we needed accommodation for one night. Not only did the Island House say "No problem" but they also upgraded us to the most beautiful suite in the guesthouse! The cafe is truly one of the best restaurants in Key West. We love it that both the cafe and bar and pool are open 24 hours a day. The rooms are immaculate and beautifully appointed. Every single detail is taken into consideration to make your stay as perfect as possible. Kudos to you all at the Island House! We will always book our room with you in Key West for the entire duration of our stay!

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side are the most elegant.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Olivier D
Reviewed 9 May 2012

It's customer service, customer service, customer service...the owners know how to treat their clientele with kindness & making them feel special. Most of their clientele is NOT right off the cover of GQ, or Muscle magazines, but they're treated like "that's who they are". I am going back to Island House on June the 5th, 2012 for the remainder of that week because the rooms & the pool, & the fitness area, & the entire property is immaculate...& welcoming 24/7.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool have a "great view" 24/7!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Gunther1431
Reviewed 5 May 2012

The friendly team go a long way to making Island House the place it is. Nothing is too much trouble - and the front of house team are all smiles.

The owners clearly take a lot of pride over the facilities and the rooms, and it's clear that maintenance is a high priority.

There's not much you can fault Island House on.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo