Stayed recently at Douglas House - we were in #13, the Bottle Palm. We really enjoyed staying here - the property is beautiful with all the trees, plants, and flowers, which were all well maintained. The room was also nice - this particular room is upstairs - it doesn't have a balcony, but does have a lot of windows for great sunshine (and if the weather isn't hot, some nice fresh air). The room was spotless. The bathroom is a little small, but has a great (huge) walk-in shower. There is a small "kitchen" area that has a sink, coffee maker (bring your own coffee/filter as none is provided - I brought Starbucks Via), mini fridge, and microwave - along with miscellaneous mugs, glasses, plates, and silverware.
The king size bed was pretty comfortable - although the pillows were terrible - very flat and kind of hard. Would have preferred some feather pillows (or at least a better quality pillow).
Air conditioning worked well and was aided by the ceiling fans in the bedroom and living area.
Generally quiet - could hear our downstairs neighbors at times, but wasn't too bad.
Parking spot (about a block away in a private lot) was great to have.
The location of Douglas House is great - really just a few steps from Duvall. It is quite a walk all the way down Duvall but we didn't mind it - there are lots of stores and restaurants all within close distance.
Finally, the service at Douglas House was very friendly - especially Chris - who was very helpful in making recommendations for us - along with making reservations and arranging a quick cab ride. He was so helpful and all of his recommendations were honest and spot-on. Everything Chris did for us made our trip to Key West even better!
When we come back to Key West, we will stay at Douglas House again - no question about that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A peaceful, genuine Key West-style tropical oasis awaits you with this historic retreat nestled within the quiet, cultural district of Old Town. Luxurious, yet affordable accommodations range from deluxe rooms to comfortable suites and two bedroom/two bath condominiums. Amenities include heated pool, Free parking, Wi-Fi, coffee & tea daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Douglas House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas House Hotel Key West
- Douglas House Key West, Florida