Hotel and stay: Great location. Quiet part of Duval. Extremely comfortable bed. Nice pool. You can take your drink to the pool or buy a drink from the front office. Towels, coffee and tea are all provided in the pool area for free. Room was clean. Grounds were very nice with great landscaping. Accommodations-wise, it's a no brainer.
Customer service: If you do not care about customer service, don't hesitate to book. If you do, read on. I booked three rooms for seven adults (not college-student-adults, adults). The staff called to confirm our reservation and said that they do not host groups (because we rented three rooms) and if we wanted to cancel they would not charge us the cancelation fee. They said that we would all be at the pool at the same time and would crowd it. I had already paid the deposit on all three rooms at this point. Fast forward to us arriving. I had to sign a form with about 10 rules with financial consequences attached to breaking them. I asked for a copy of the rules. This was all done with attitude. I was informed we lost a key I would be charged a hefty fee. We had three bags, but were told to park in temporary parking to bring our bags in and then move the car to the parking. We said we didn't have a lot of bags and would like ensure a parking spot. He then INSISTED that we temporarily park. It was not in a pleasant tone and by the time we temporarily parked we were then told our room wasn't ready. Our room was later ready and the rest of the stay was without problem. There was another man who worked there who we met the next day. Thankfully he was awesome and we only interacted with him after, he was friendly and offered to help book any excursion we wanted. We received no kindness from the other employees.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A peaceful, genuine Key West-style tropical oasis awaits you with this historic retreat nestled within the quiet, cultural district of Old Town. Luxurious, yet affordable accommodations range from deluxe rooms to comfortable suites and two bedroom/two bath condominiums. Amenities include heated pool, Free parking, Wi-Fi, coffee & tea daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Douglas House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas House Hotel Key West
- Douglas House Key West, Florida