I am not a B&B kind of person. I travel more than 250 nights a year so for me to have to socialize when I'm on vacation is just not my thing. I make an exception for Marrero's.
Because it's clothing optional at the pool it attracts a more open minded, more out going and fun loving clientele.
From continental breakfast on the veranda to louging by the pool (with its own honor bar) to complimentary happy hour, people socialize. This is my second time here for our Girl's Weekend (been here with my husband as well) and everyone treated us great. We met so many wonderful people.
The rooms are OLD, in a good way! Don't expect cookie cutter rooms, you're staying in a historic, OLD mansion reputed to be haunted. Each room has its own unique decor. The beds are comfy, and each room has a mini frig. You'll have to ask for an iron or hair dryer. The rooms are clean and well cared for. Most rooms have a veranda or balcony. Some walk out to the pool.
Steve, the grouchy manager, is WONDERFUL. And he'll remind you that happy hour is an HOUR, as he squeezes in one more refill before he closes down the bar.
If you're looking for plain, ordinary or you want to bring the kids, this is not your place, go elsewhere. If you are looking for adults only, fun, comfort, stop right here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marrero's Guest Mansion is a historic mansion that has been converted into a Bed and Breakfast. Breakfast is served daily from 8:30-10:00 am and Happy Hour is served daily from 4:30-5:30 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Marrero's Guest Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marrero`s Guest Mansion Hotel Key West
- Marrero's Guest Mansion Key West, Florida