“LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this place!”

and 1 more site!
Marrero's Guest Mansion
Ranked #17 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I am not a B&B kind of person. I travel more than 250 nights a year so for me to have to socialize when I'm on vacation is just not my thing. I make an exception for Marrero's.

Because it's clothing optional at the pool it attracts a more open minded, more out going and fun loving clientele.

From continental breakfast on the veranda to louging by the pool (with its own honor bar) to complimentary happy hour, people socialize. This is my second time here for our Girl's Weekend (been here with my husband as well) and everyone treated us great. We met so many wonderful people.

The rooms are OLD, in a good way! Don't expect cookie cutter rooms, you're staying in a historic, OLD mansion reputed to be haunted. Each room has its own unique decor. The beds are comfy, and each room has a mini frig. You'll have to ask for an iron or hair dryer. The rooms are clean and well cared for. Most rooms have a veranda or balcony. Some walk out to the pool.

Steve, the grouchy manager, is WONDERFUL. And he'll remind you that happy hour is an HOUR, as he squeezes in one more refill before he closes down the bar.

If you're looking for plain, ordinary or you want to bring the kids, this is not your place, go elsewhere. If you are looking for adults only, fun, comfort, stop right here.

Room Tip: Rooms 15 and 16 share a bath and are very small. Worked well for our Girl's Weekend (we each got...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jan C
There are newer reviews for Marrero's Guest Mansion

Reviewed 11 October 2011

As always, a perfect week in paradise. Our 11th stay at Marrero's. Already booked for another visit.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank dborwick
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Second time at Marerro's and this was even better than before. Excellent hospitality from Steve the Innkeeper AND the ghost of Enriquetta was at her best! Could not be in a better location for the sights of downtown KW, everything is within an easy walking distance. If you object to a clothing optional pool go elsewhere, otherwise you will find the best people here and a place to call home in Key West!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tropicalseeker
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I agree with some of the posting that was stated in your review. I was there during the same time. I was there when the guy was smoking the green leafy substance. I dont smoke myself, but i dont judge others, as that would go against my christian beliefs. I just simply turn away and let them have there fun, after all, that is what you go to Key West to do. Escape your normal life and let loose. I was also there when the two couples in question checked in. Me and my wife looked at each other and saw the three coolers of beer they brought and knew they were going to be trouble. I even stated such to Steve and he assured me that it wouldn't be an issue, he would handle it if need be. We were at the pool enjoying ourself when they were finally checked in and unpacked. They came to the pool and confirmed our belief that they were going to be trouble. They were definately very loud and boisterous. We left the pool to go to eat and see the sunset. Upon our return we were happy to find the pool empty so we went down to enjoy the pool. We were there for a couple hours by ourselves and then the guests came back. Yes they were loud again. To Steve's defense he did come out twice to tell them to hold it down and have respect for others. After the second time we left ourselves, because we could see that they were getting louder and upset that someone was complaining about them. I made several comments to them about being loud before Steve ever came out to talk to them. It was obvious to me that they were not going to listen to me or anyone else. I beleave in having a good time but you still should respect others while doing this in a small place like Marrero's. We are planning to make Marrero's a yearly vacation get away. I dont think that Steve or the establishment should get a bad name because of the people who visit. Just add these people to a list of who "NOT TO LET RETURN" and the rest of us respectable people can have a good time at Marrero's while the others go party all they want at HEDONISM. That kind of partying is expected when you go there. Thanks Steve for making me and my wifes first clothing optional bed and breakfast experience the greatest. I hope the rest of the ones we visit can reach the bar that you have set. You are the greatest and we look forward to our return. Thanks Again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fat69boy
Reviewed 4 October 2011

This was our first trip to Marrero's Guest Mansion and it won't be our last. Our traveling buddies were my brother and sister in law from TX, whom we don't see nearly enough. We arrived there together and were quickly given a tour of the beautiful house...so we were immediately comfortable. My husband and I stayed in room #18....which is supposed to be one of the haunted rooms. We waited for her (the ghost) to show up....but only heard noises....(probably from our neighbors :) and caught one slightly interesting picture.
Each morning, Steve had a very nice breakfast set up for us....fruits, yogurt, cereals, breads along with some great coffee cakes and of course coffee, milk and juice. Each afternoon at 5:00...we had Happy Hour on the front porch, which was a wonderful start to our evening each day. The clothing optional pool was also alot of fun which gave us a good chance to talk to other house guests. Everyone was very nice and stayed within the rules of the pool area. Steve also offered soft drinks and beer for a much reduced price and relied on the honor system for payment. A very nice set-up.
The house itself could not be more convienent. It is located only one half block off Duval and very close to the historic area. The bed was comfortable and although it was not the Hilton...the room had what you needed. Afterall...it is a very old house with lots of history, which makes it even more fun.
Steve was absolutely wonderful! Whatever you needed...he was there for you, but also left you alone. In the evenings, the house would truly feel like it was all yours. Could not have had a better host or bartender!
Like I said, we do plan on going back and if you are someone who loves history....doesn't mind the clothing optional pool...enjoys talking to other folks and wants to be close to everything Duval Street has to offer....then you shouldn't hestitate to stay at Marrero's !

2  Thank gldnpupper27
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Visited Key West last week for several days and had a fun time. Our sixth stay at Marrero's and still feel it is a great location. Love the pool also! Great to see Steve again! Some of our favorite restaurants were closed for renovations or vacations, which was disappointing but plenty of other good places were open.

2  Thank molliemalone
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Just a very nice clean Bed and Breakfast in the heart of Key West. No expectations going there except to have fun relax. Second visit for us and the people who stay there are always so nice and friendly. Steve runs Marrero's and is just a fantastic host!

Room Tip: We have only stayed on the main floor. Second floor is nice but main floor is nicer by my opinion...
3  Thank gourmetchef96