“The PERFECT place!”

Ranked #5 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
West Palm Beach, Florida
“The PERFECT place!”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

This BEAUTIFUL home is the PERFECT place to stay in Key West! The rooms are gorgeous, the garden is lush and the owners are like the next door neighbors you wish you had! We stayed in the garden room which was the smaller of the two but it was perfectly comfy for us. We had a continental breakfast served to us in the garden each morning which started our day off the right way! Our last night Kayla and Steve, the owners, served up the freshest, most delicious lobster ever and the conversation made it that much better. Throughout our stay Kayla and Steve were there to make things accommodating and easy for us! Using their bicycles to get around the island was a great way to see everything at our own pace and in the order we chose. The location of the home is about 2 miles from Mallory Square, so you have the peace and quiet of not being on Duval Street but still very close to the partying. We wanted to go out on the boat with Steve but the weather was not up for the trip. We will definitely attempt that outing on our next trip to the Atlantis House. We wanted to send a thank you through trip advisor to Steve and Kayla for adding the right touch to make this trip that much better.

2 Thank Dueltravelers

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Chur, Switzerland
Reviewed 14 August 2011

3 beautyful days in Key West - eco trip & dinner were perfect, thank you steve & kayla!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Allegan
Reviewed 9 August 2011

The garden suite was lovely. Quiet relaxing environment. The patio area was beautiful. Steve and Kayla do a wonderful job. Went out fishing with Captain Steve and was successful. Kayla's key lime pie is out of this world delicious!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Middletown, Virginia
Reviewed 30 July 2011

The Atlantis House was the perfect place to celebrate our anniversary! Steve and Kayla took care of our every need and were always available to offer suggestions for opportunities on the island. They helped us by setting up a jet ski tour of the island, and they were our guides on an amazing snorkeling adventure. Steve even spent an unforgettable day fishing with us. They were ready to offer suggestions for great dining, tours, and sight seeing. All while ensuring that the suites and patios were in pristine condition for my husband and I to relax and spend some quiet time together. The Master Suite is phenonemal and includes everything you could ask for, including the most comfortable bed and a beautiful jacuzzi tub complete with bubble bath. Just outside the door lush gardens provide the serenity away from the busy streets in Key West. Be sure to take advantage of the pool! It is beautiful! We also enjoyed the use of the bikes to travel around the island. Finally, the best dinner we had was right at the Atlantis House! Steve and Kayla prepared a delectable meal with heavenly key lime pie for dessert! The Atlantis House and its marvolous host and hostess exceeded our expectations! We will definitely be staying with them again!

4 Thank JasonandCrystal
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2011

What a wonder getaway at Atlantis House. The location, accommodations and hospitality could not have been better. Steve's local knowledge of all things Key West was as an added bonus. A day on the boat and his dinner recommendations were spot on.

Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My wife put me in charge of the honeymoon. She had many other wedding responsibilities that she deemed far to important to entrust me with. I was a little offended, but I decided to book a fantastic honeymoon to show her that I'm somewhat capable of making good decisions - women like that quality in a man.

I decided on Key West due to the island's reputation and because I like wacky people and Ernest Hemingway. Searched the Google like any reasonable 21st century human and I browsed through the yellow-starred assignments for something well-reviewed, but not so well-reviewed that I couldn't afford it. I clicked around a lot, but never went to the top of the list of the most highly distinguished (according to the star-rating system) because I thought it would be out of my league.

Nothing was really standing out (a lot of typical resorts but nothing that wowed me), so I clicked on the top-rated place. Well I bet you can guess by now - it was Atlantis House. There is a reason it is so highly rated. Here are the reasons in no particular order.

1. The Place - very cool and relaxing style inside and out. Not your typical cookie-cutter "tropical" decor of light blues and nemo-fishes. Outside was like a tropical garden that would make any neon frog feel right at home. This is most noteworthy because the house is right off of a street with other hotels and homes, but once you walk behind the house, it's like you've entered a natural world where the lizards look at you like you're on their turf. And yes, there are lizards but all are nice and respectful.

Inside is very comfortable (we got the Garden Suite) and cozy. Plenty of room and all the amenities you could possibly need. Many vacations can be tarnished by an uncomfortable bed - not this place. Snooze city. If we didn't have Kayla knocking on our door every morning with breakfast, we would have slept all day. The bathroom was really nice with a jacuzzi tub and a skylight. A swanky place to bathe.

2. Location. Close to everything but far enough away that it's nice and quiet.

3. Pool and bikes. You have a private pool and bikes! Pool was awesome and a good place to get away and cool off. We were there in June and my God it was hot. My wife and I are pasty mainlanders, so the pool was a good place to get some sun without blinding the locals. The bikes we great and the perfect way to get around Key West - complete with baskets that can hold a 12-pack of beer or a bottle of rum and some Hot Pockets - these are facts.

4. The Owners! Steve and Kayla are very good at what they do. As soon as we arrived, they instantly gave us a map, a beer and asked us how much (or how little) of them we wanted to see. We like company so told them to stop by any time, but I think that if we told them otherwise, it would have been like ghosts were tidying the room and replacing the towels. They created a relaxed and fun atmosphere and are just good people. The last night that we were there, my wife and I opted for the dinner that Steve and Kayla cooked and asked them to join us. The food was fantastic (amazing lobster and key lime pie that will ruin all other key lime pie I ever eat) and we really enjoyed just getting to know them. We all ended up going out for drinks afterward and had a blast.

There are probably more reasons to go to Atlantis House, but my review is becoming long enough that people may not read it and I want you all to know that this place is fantastic.

P.S. my wife was impressed with my choice and mentioned that many times on the trip. She has not been impressed with me since.

Joe

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank JoeyJoJoe
Towson, Maryland
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We spent our 15th anniversary at the Atlantis House in Key West. It was not only our very first time in Key West, FL but also our first real vacation in 15 years. The others usually were staycations or involved using a tent.

We were first welcomed with a smile by Captain Steve Kessler himself. The room was perfectly prepared - everything I asked for was in order. The romance package and chocolates were in place as promised. My wife was blown away and it was the ideal way to kick off our week-long stay in Key West.

We opted for the breakfast which was served in the garden which was like a private oasis - we almost felt like we were on a private island of our own. The plating almost reminded me of what I would see from a chef on the food network. Steve gave us a list of things to see each day since we had some things scheduled. The breakfasts were made of the freshest fruit and tasty bagels with cream cheese and preserves. He even offered us some home-made ceviche. Of course, one of the big highlights was Kayla's home-made Key Lime Pie. I'm not much of a key lime pie fan but hers was rockin! I had a few peices of key lime pie while in Key West and I personally think hers is the best of Key West!

I also opted to have a sunset cruise around Key West to celebrate our anniversary and Captain Steve even did a vow renewal ceremony for us on the boat. My wife was absolutely blown away and was not expecting it at all!

The bed in the Master Suite is very comfortable and definitely gave my back much needed support. We have stayed in many B&Bs over the years for weekend getaways and such but the Atlantis House far exceeded our expectations.

If you stay in Key West, STAY AT THE ATLANTIS HOUSE!!! You won't regret it!

Room Tip: Go for the Master Suite - it's worth it!