This was our first experience in Key West and it was pure luck we found Atlantis.
To honest it was the only place Hotel, Inn or B & B available on the dates we wished to make our first visit to the Keys. It was pure frustration at that point when we contacted Atlantis and asked them to hold our room for a 1/2 hour while we contacted the Key West reservation service for accomodation choices and all the nice lady there said; "Book it!"
And that we did.
The Master room was only available as there are only 2 rooms but it was sumptious, engaging and super comfortable; Bed the size of a basketball court.
We were greeted by #1 son Max who was gracious and informative.
His father Steve was also a great source of local information
in addition to being the consument host..
What we really liked about Atlantis was the location;
1) Off the beaten track ... so quiet and offered a adventure everyday heading out.
2) Referring to 1) Atlantis offered free bicycles which is the ONLY way to see KW. Scooters are annoying and electric cars are ... you might as well drive your own vehicle and fight the parking. Bicycling through KW was wonderful.
3) Access to KW through White Street where Sandy's cuban breakfast joint was, or nearby The Meadows neighbourhood, the Cementery, the Library .... Yes, ALL was nearby.
Every time we featured out for the day or dinner was a wonderful adventure.
And how much fun can one have drunk biking!?! Hugh ...
And speaking of liquor ... Margaritas or pre-dinner wine was a lovely experience
in the garden area just steps from our private entrance.
If we come back to KW we would come back with friends and book both rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atlantis House is a romantic boutique guesthouse with only 2 suites along the beaches of Key West steps away from the Ocean and 1 block from the Key West Marine Park and White Street Pier. Perfect for honeymooners and anniversaries. The owners, Captain Steve and Kayla (LMT & NMT), offer snorkeling, eco-tours, sunset cruises, dolphin watch and fishing trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Atlantis House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis House Hotel Key West
- Atlantis House Key West, Florida