“Great affordable guesthouse in prime location!”
Review of Casa 325

Casa 325
Ranked #27 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Saginaw, MI
“Great affordable guesthouse in prime location!”
Reviewed 31 May 2009

My experience with Casa 325 was a very positive one. The location was wonderful. It is on Duval street just a few blocks from sunset pier and close to everything (within walking distance). Even though it's so close on Duval you do not hear all of the noise. Very quiet and tucked away. Our original room ended up not being available so we were ugraded to a much larger room at no additional cost. The pool is very nice for laying out in the sun, swimming, etc. There is also a hammock in the shade if you are not a sun worshipper. Parking on the property is minimum and very tight so do as they suggest and bring a small car. I would definitely stay here again when I return to Key West which is quite often. The only downfall is that there is no breakfast offered, however, all rooms have a toaster, fridge, coffee maker, and microwave so we took advantage and made a light breakfast in our room. Either way...you can't beat this hotel for it's price and location. Very friendly staff as well.

• Stayed May 2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
USA
Reviewed 22 May 2009

We have been going to Key West annually for over 15 yrs. and we were introduced to Casa 325 about 7 years ago and have never stayed anywhere else in the last 7 years because we are so satisfied! The location is idle. We park our car and do not get back in it until we are ready to leave. All the attractions & great restaurants/bars are all within walking distance.

My husband and I have stayed in a lot of hotels, but this is the cleaniness place I have ever stayed. I would not really call it a hotel, but a house.

The pool is quiet and they have kitty cats that hang out there. I miss my animals when I am away from home so you get to visit with their kitties and you can't go to Key West without seeing some kitty cats!

BEST PLACE TO STAY IN KEY WEST!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
New York City
Reviewed 22 May 2009

Hidden behind a jewelry store on Key West's most popular street - Duvall - is a gem of an Inn I hestitate to rave about lest it becomes too well-known and I'll never be able to book rooms there again. I've been returning to Casa 325, located at 325 Duvall Street, every year for over 10 years now. The Inn is owned by Georgia, a New Yorker by nature, but now a lover of the keys. Her love shows in the maintenance of this wonderful old inn. It is always freshly painted each year I arrive and the rooms are spacious and immaculate. Rocking chairs on the various porches just invite you to sit back, relax, sip an ice cold beverage and forget about the rat race for awhile. With a swimming pool in the gated back yard surrounded by lounge chairs, you really can't ask for anything more.

Conveniently located to all of the touristy places like Sloppy Joe's and The Hard Rock Cafe, it is also walking distance to a few of the really good local hangouts which I won't mention any names because I already gave up too much of a great secret.

Mary manages the Inn, and is eager to make your stay as memorable as possible and will book excursions for you and your party in advance by just shooting her an email prior to your arrival.

Having written all of this, I just hope there's room for me at the Inn next year!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 April 2009

I researched for hours to choose the right place for a special celebration during Christmas week. I chose Casa 325. It is a tough place to find and I have to agree about the guy at the end of the driveway. He was painting the numbers or something and that was why we had such a time finding the place.

We made arrangements to have a suite but at first were being sent up stairs to a room. Once it was clear why I requested a first floor room we were taken to the suite we had reserved. Apparently there was some other party coming in and a switch was going to be made without our consent. Those two things didn't make a very good impression but we were determined to enjoy our stay.

The location is perfect. You can walk everywhere and we love being at that end of the street. The price was very high as it was a holiday week but I was expecting a lot from the reviews too.

The suite was immaculate and on first sight great. Unfortunately the furniture was not comfortable to sit on and the bed was not very comfortable either. The air conditioner blew right on us while we were sleeping. It was supposed to be a queen bed but didn't feel much bigger than a double. We have a queen at home so I has something to compare. The suite has a little fridge and microwave which is very convenient. The most comfortable place to sit was the table and chairs in the kitchen area.

There is a really great porch in front of the room that is shared with the suite next door. That was a big issue for us. We don't smoke and the other suite did. They were at the table 24/7 most of the time in their pajamas! We couldn't leave our doors open and enjoy the beautiful weather because of the smoke. We love to sit outside and it was simply impossible unless we went to another outside area to sit. Our bedroom also was right over the maintenance shed/area where the staff gathered at 7 a.m. and then started the leaf blower!

We loved the kitties around the Inn and certainly the location. We didn't get off on the right foot and that was hard to overcome for our visit.

I can certainly see why others would love the place with a large group because you could have the porch and pool area to visit. It just wasn't what we were hoping for and probably won't stay again. Just not our cup of tea.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pahhobbs
Washington DC
Reviewed 18 April 2009

Casa 325 is a wonderful B&B with cozy rooms in a beautiful manor house. It is conveniently located on Duval street in the middle of Key West's best dining and shopping. We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Paoli, Indiana
Reviewed 15 April 2009

When we first arrived at Casa 325 the man with the cart that blocks their driveway was extremely rude. He told us we would have to drive around and wait to enter because he was with a customer. (Anytime you want to leave by car the vendor must move his cart for you.) That was not a good first impression. However, when we got to our room in the front building we were happy as it was extremely nice and clean. Our happiness was short lived because we could not sleep until 3:00 a.m. The noise from the street was so loud. Also the people staying in the room above us came in around that time and it sounded like they were still partying in their room. This was the worst night we have ever had while travelling. We really researched about staying on Duval Street and the website said the place was quiet. The front building was not quiet. The next night we were moved to a pool room in the back building. It was so quiet and the room was so big.
We don't know if we would stay here again. It is such a hassle to deal with the cart guy if you rent a car and want to get out and explore the area. Also we would recommend staying in the pool building unless you will be partying into the morning.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank LONG3
Indian Rocks Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 April 2009

I travel to Key West about every three months or so and have for a while. This trip was for my husband's birthday. Casa was recommended by a friend who had stayed there before and what a great experience we had! Mary was wonderful setting up the reservation and making sure everything was perfect. The location was perfect, the room was perfect and our weekend was perfect! We are heading to Key West with friends in July and are spending a week at Casa 325. We wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple